WW2..but not like we know it .

Started by Wardukw, November 16, 2023, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Rick that's something I don't have to worry about at all..every single piece of wood is dead and dry as a bone.
We had a storm hit here a while back and these came from one if our monster trees...all dead branches broke off and mate there was plenty to choose from.
I didn't think I had enough but it turns I was safe 🙂
Had plenty to play with because I changed the layout a little bit which made a big difference to how this looks.

Next week I'm gonna go a tiny bit nuts buying AK Interactive stuff...im gonna get a couple of their terrain mixes..those will make a much better base than the last ideas.
I'm going to get dry mud and dark mud mixes.
Also going to get the Olive drab colour modulation set for the Sherman..been wanting to try that out for a while.
The Tiger won't need it as it's going to be painted in camouflage colours and weathered to buggery.

I want the ground to look like it's a couple of months after winter ..so warm but not hot..days still chilly enough for jackets and possibly the odd bit of rain but not warm enough for t shirts .

Might even look at a colour set for the soldiers uniforms nut that's just a thought right now.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Fair enough.  :thumbsup:

Nothing looks like earth, as real earth does... grind it up fine enough and you have a nice fine powder that you can mix with whatever for your groundwork slurry.
Just a thought...

Wardukw

That's going ..well already is being done matey 👍

The ground affects stuff is so I can get a better definition with detail .
It will make the tanks tracks stand out more and the annoying thing is thr M26 tracks have small chevrons on the tracks and mate ..they don't stand out much at all..gonna change that  ;D

I would use the Das I have but stopping it drying out to fast is a fecking pain in today's temps but I'm gonna use it to shape the ground and then cover it with the ground affects .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .