Jaguar 2 GR3

Started by Wardukw, November 18, 2023, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

This is the replacement for the twin seat Jaguar close support fighter .
Heres the pic which is needed to make everything good with the rules  ;D
20231119_094958 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Im also going to us the wings from a Italeri A-7 Corsair which it turns out is a bloody terrible kit ...i glued together one of the wings to get a feel for the layout of them and man parts fitment is not good ,,,alot of cleaning of flash is needed which ive now got to do again with the second one .
To get the look im after its quite possible ill use the A-7s tail planes aswell as the profile will match the wings .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Well the PSR is now happening..the wings are mounted..the new tail is in place with PSR already takin place .
I'll tell ya clean this Tornado is a POS along with the A-7 I'm stealing parts from .
I don't remember Italeri kits being this bad 🤔
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

at 1/48th this will be epic!  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw on November 18, 2023, 10:48:21 PMWell the PSR is now happening..the wings are mounted..the new tail is in place with PSR already takin place .
I'll tell ya clean this Tornado is a POS along with the A-7 I'm stealing parts from .

I have always found them to be patchy, it all depends on when the moulds were made. The older kits are better than the late 70's early 80's ones in my opinion. I usually try to avoid them though they have got better recently.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on November 19, 2023, 01:00:17 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on November 18, 2023, 10:48:21 PMWell the PSR is now happening..the wings are mounted..the new tail is in place with PSR already takin place .

I have always found them to be patchy, it all depends on when the moulds were made. The older kits are better than the late 70's early 80's ones in my opinion. I usually try to avoid them though they have got better recently.

Gondor
I've built dozens of Italeri models when I was a youngling cause were cheap as chips and pretty good models..these tho are terrible..im not sure of the age but the box date 2017 ..so not long ago.

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw on November 19, 2023, 08:30:07 PMI've built dozens of Italeri models when I was a youngling cause were cheap as chips and pretty good models..these tho are terrible..im not sure of the age but the box date 2017 ..so not long ago.

The date on the box does not reflect the date of the moulds. It's only the date that the particular combination of model, decals and box art work were put together. Have a look at Scalemates as they show time-lines of kits from release to today so you can see where yours is.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on November 19, 2023, 10:21:38 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on November 19, 2023, 08:30:07 PMI've built dozens of Italeri models when I was a youngling cause were cheap as chips and pretty good models..these tho are terrible..im not sure of the age but the box date 2017 ..so not long ago.

The date on the box does not reflect the date of the moulds. It's only the date that the particular combination of model, decals and box art work were put together. Have a look at Scalemates as they show time-lines of kits from release to today so you can see where yours is.

Gondor
I did a looksie on Scalemates and it would seem the yr is 1992 when the first release of this kit came about and looking at the time line ..it's been reboxed  a few times with new decals thrown in for good measure here and there .
Guess that explains the crappiness of the kit.

Wardukw

Did abit more on this today..basically just built the nose and cockpit but my health took a dive on a downward angle and put a stop to that ..ended up having a nap ..so weird..I never sleep during the day.
One thing that I'm scratching my head about is that the nose cone has completely disappeared and trust me I've tried to find it .
It's nowhere to be found.
That doesn't worry me though..this is a wiff anyway and I've found a drop tank which with some work will do nicely 👌

Vulcan7

Hope you are feeling better, looking forward to seeing what you come up with  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

DogfighterZen

Yup, take it easy, styrene won't rot.  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 26, 2023, 04:41:05 AMYup, take it easy, styrene won't rot.  :thumbsup:

True.

You've now got me thinking about some archeological dig in the 26th Century or whatever unearthing some of our creations and then inferring how we lived simply from a couple of pieces of plastic  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Thanks guys   ;D  ;D
I am feeling much better today and and its Monday morning here that's to be expected..bloody typical ain't it 🙄
Hoping for a quiet day today but I'm not going to bet on that 🙃
After a busy weekend here at the camp there's always something to fix .

Chris imagine if they found some of Tophe's designs  :lol:
That would really do their heads in  :wacko:

Wardukw

Ok i have finally got tot a point where this is kinda looking like a plane and not a pile of parts ...so for your viewing pleasure ,,here it is so far guys  ;D
DSCF4420 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4423 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4424 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4426 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4428 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now this pic above doesn't make a heap of sense,,,the next pic will .
I have mentioned before at just how nasty this kit is ..this will show you guys exactly what i mean ...
DSCF4427 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

More on this thing later boys  <_<