Jaguar 2 GR3

Started by Wardukw, November 18, 2023, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on December 20, 2023, 10:09:53 AMIf I remember right they were painted like that to look like the walls that lined the country roads and in fields.

Yup, that's what I've always been told and read.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Fred mate it will be the brands of paint ..there's Tamiya Buff and Dark Green..Mr Hobby Dark Sand and Ammos Dark Olive Drab I think .
It's getting glossed probably today so I can play with it in the weekend.
I like the idea of a wash over this ..just got to figure out what will work best . Maybe a medium gray ? .

Chris im glad my memory still works 😆

Right the decided to keep the paint as is ..you blokes like it and it's less work for me 😄😊
Now I can start to make some real headway on this .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on December 20, 2023, 04:41:32 PMCheers Captaino 🍻 😁..im hoping it ends up looking even better .

Rui ..mate I haven't mentioned them before because I'm not exactly sure what they are yet ..but I'll bet it's something to do with either nap of the earth or recon or both ..a true multi roll aircraft.
Not bloody sure but something needed to go there as this isn't the nose for the plane..it's from a 32nd Skyhawk drop tank and it just wouldn't sit right ..so now it does 😊😉

Right... :mellow:  I thought they were some sort of housing for Mirage III Milan type of canards. ;D

Quote from: Wardukw on December 20, 2023, 09:13:37 PMwish I had a clue how to be able to do this on a computer before paint even touches it .

There is a game on Steam called Model Builder. I have no clue about the game's capabilities, never tried it, only saw the demo trailer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164250/Model_Builder/
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 21, 2023, 12:52:46 PMThere is a game on Steam called Model Builder. I have no clue about the game's capabilities, never tried it, only saw the demo trailer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164250/Model_Builder/

I've seen that too, and was wondering what it was and how it worked.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Rui mate theres one thing I don't do is mess about with games ..never really have ...don't know why but they've never really interested me much ..don't have the computer savyness for it ..if it's got nuts and bolts and I can cut with a angle grinder then that's me 😆 🤣
Oh and welding too 🤙
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on December 21, 2023, 10:40:26 PMRui mate theres one thing I don't do is mess about with games ..never really have ...don't know why but they've never really interested me much ..don't have the computer savyness for it ..if it's got nuts and bolts and I can cut with a angle grinder then that's me 😆 🤣
Oh and welding too 🤙

That's me too except for cutting and nailing wood. I have an art project in mind for our bedroom made of every kind of wood I can find. Cedar, mahogany, oak, pine and barn boards.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on December 22, 2023, 08:23:03 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on December 21, 2023, 10:40:26 PMRui mate theres one thing I don't do is mess about with games ..never really have ...don't know why but they've never really interested me much ..don't have the computer savyness for it ..if it's got nuts and bolts and I can cut with a angle grinder then that's me 😆 🤣
Oh and welding too 🤙

That's me too except for cutting and nailing wood. I have an art project in mind for our bedroom made of every kind of wood I can find. Cedar, mahogany, oak, pine and barn boards.
Ken not sure how easy it would be to find but try to hunt down some Australian Jarra...it's a hard wood and once sanded and poly coated looks absolutely beautiful.
My dad and I used to make knives at home and I used Jarra many times for the handles..looked amazing because of that wood  ;D
It had brilliant colours when polyurethaned..beautiful stuff bud 👍

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

DogfighterZen

Oh and welding too 🤙

;D  :thumbsup:  I'm not much of a gamer myself. It says it's a game but i don't see the "game" part about it. It seems more like a planning tool than a game but, like i said, i've never tried it myself so, not much more to say.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

After a bit of a very short hiatus I actually started to put decals into this build..it's been slow to say the least but the heat here has been sapping me of energy.
Today was the hottest yet and by the time it's cool enough it's late at night and I'm buggered by then.
It's 9:43 pm here and still 26C inside..I really don't like the heat ..my body even more so .

Might attack it again early so I can start painting it before it gets to hot..I have a feeling tomorrow ain't gonna be any different.

Wardukw

I'm done with this build guys..I was starting to get impatient with it ..loosing the vide and wanting to get into the Harrier more .

Pics and a back story to follow probably tomorrow ..when I can think of one 🤔 😅

Wardukw

Back in 1968 when the first flight of the SEPECAT Jaguar took place there was a understanding amoung some of the smarter thinkers of the time that in the future an aircraft was going to be needed to replace the brand new Jaguar as in everything involved with conflict has to evolve .
The ideas for upgrading the Jaguar were on the drawing board from the early to mid 80s when it was realized that something faster and larger was needed but with the way the Jaguar was built upgrades could only fix a small part of the issues .
Largest of the problems were the engines ...the Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour turbofan engines which were built especially for the Jaguar were its  achilles heel so to speak.
Not being able to be replaced with a larger engine without extensive air frame modifications it was thought better to develop a new aircraft as even if the modifications took place you would still end up with a older air frame which was slowly getting older as every day passed .
Also the size of the air craft was becoming a issue as well as the electronics systems and targeting systems with new families of weapons entering service that the Jaguar would need to be seriously upgraded to be able to use.
Once all the pros and cons of developing a new aircraft over the massive upgrades to the Jaguar were considered the decision was made to build a entirely new aircraft which would be called the Jaguar 2 .
Design work began in early 1990 with the plan layed out as so ...the new aircraft would be a dedicated twin seat aircraft ,, have 2 after burning turbofan engines with a minimum of 20.000 lbs thrust each ..able to carry up to 25,000 lbs of mixed ordinance and be able to have  rough short runway take off and landing  capabilities .
A maximum speed of Mach 2.4  at 40.000ft was also a requirement even though the top speed of the Jaguar was a bit more sedate at Mach 2.3 clean.
After its test flights and rigorous trails the first Jaguar 2 GR1 entered service with the Royal Air Force in May 18th 1998 ..only two days  shy of the first  plans being drawn .

Well i managed to come up with something like a back story and its not Dizzy epic story for sure ..i do not have the imagination to think of stories really but i guess this one will pass .
Now heres the pics of this thing ...im still not really all the happy with it chaps ..i ended up with the feeling of get it done ,,get it gone .
DSCF4472 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4473 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4476 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4479 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

kerick

Well it looks like it's very well done! Quite different but that's what we're here for! I like the concept and the paint scheme is cool!
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe