BAE Harrier GR7A JASDF Maritime Strike, Finished pics pg 5.

Started by zenrat, November 21, 2023, 03:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Simple paint and weapons whiff.  Work started on the cockpit and other interior stuff today.

Harrier start 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Harrier start 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

McColm

I've been using the same kit for spare parts  :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

kerick

I'm looking forward to this!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

No, it's only sleeping.

;)
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Party come hardy ! Looking forward to it.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Tempting as it is to make this a Norwegian bird i'd always intended it to be RAAF.  But now i'm thinking JASDF could work.  Especially as I have a fair amount left of a Haseagawa Japanese weapons set.
Whatever, decisions for later.

Continued painting the interior parts today.  And the pilot.  Also glued together some of the parts to be attached later.
While this kit generally looks impressive in the box in terms of detail and engraving, the sprue attachment points are rather large.  I can't really comment on fit yet but I can say that the two part nozzles are not particularly good.

Fred

jcf

F-104J, F-4EJ or F-2 style?
You cannot view this attachment.

jcf

Of course some folks have done What-If JASDF F-35
in the sea camouflage.
;D

jcf

There are What-If JASDF AV-8Bs out there in flightsim land, but seeing as the JASDF versions of US aircraft append the letter "J" to the designations I'm not sure AV-8BJ would be used.
;)  ;D
AV-8AJ for the earlier Harrier version would most likely have been used.

scooter

Quote from: jcf on November 23, 2023, 12:56:23 PMOf course some folks have done What-If JASDF F-35
in the sea camouflage.
;D

Stealthy grey is...boring.  This is anything but.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng