BAE Harrier GR7A JASDF Maritime Strike, Finished pics pg 5.

Started by zenrat, November 21, 2023, 03:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

You can get resin aftermarket parts for the Harrier,  but there's a lot of cleaning and filing to do to build a decent kit.

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on November 23, 2023, 12:53:08 PMF-104J, F-4EJ or F-2 style?

Su-34.  Note the paint set in the second picture of the thread.

Quote from: jcf on November 23, 2023, 01:04:54 PMThere are What-If JASDF AV-8Bs out there in flightsim land, but seeing as the JASDF versions of US aircraft append the letter "J" to the designations I'm not sure AV-8BJ would be used.
;)  ;D
AV-8AJ for the earlier Harrier version would most likely have been used.

British Aerospace Harrier GR7J or GR9J.

Quote from: McColm on November 23, 2023, 11:42:05 PMYou can get resin aftermarket parts for the Harrier,  but there's a lot of cleaning and filing to do to build a decent kit.

I went looking for aftermarket resin nozzles.  There is a 1/72 set available, but not locally, and I am not paying the extortionate amount of postage various thieves want to send them here from overseas.  I'll fettle the kit ones.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Seeing as the JASDF has only ever used the US type designation system and as the GR5/GR7/GR9 are basically an AV-8B as it's an McD-D design, it's not too likely they'd adopt a one-off British designation. Especially as no other Harrier operator has used the British designations.

Yes, I know it's your model and "Whiffverse" etc.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: jcf on November 25, 2023, 12:18:00 PM....... GR5/GR7/GR9 are basically an AV-8B as it's an McD-D design........

Some of it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2023, 01:27:42 PM
Quote from: jcf on November 25, 2023, 12:18:00 PM....... GR5/GR7/GR9 are basically an AV-8B as it's an McD-D design........

Some of it.
The majority of it, BAe came in as a manufacturing partner late in the program after the implosion of
the domestic Harrier replacement projects. The
AV-8B Harrier II is essentially a new aircraft and
by rights should have received a new designation.
It's the old "derivative game", McD-D and the USN did the same thing with the F-18E "Super Hornet". It's all about claiming a new airplane is a derivative
of an existing type in order to get it funded.

zenrat

That's of some interest, but as you say Jon, it's my model.   ;)

As you all might have noticed i'm not necessarily that worried about reality.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Would they have come up with it if it wasn't for Hawker's original Harrier GR1?

The ethos of the early and later ones is just the same, a socking great turbo-fan engine in the middle, with nozzles that swivel to direct the thrust, and control puffers on the airframe extremities to ensure it stays right way up.

They even LOOK the same from a distance.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on November 26, 2023, 03:16:49 AMI'm not necessarily that worried about reality.

Which is what makes you a worthy citizen of Whiffworld.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

It's all coming together now.
Fuselage halves are together, the tails are on, the wings are on, and I am having fit issues with the panel which sits atop the fuselage between the wings and the cockpit.  There is no paint to cause issues, it's just a crap fit.
Not one of your best Airfix.
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on November 24, 2023, 03:03:11 AM

That scheme even has a semi-official nickname: "Greenbottle Fly"!  ;D

zenrat

I found this while looking for reference pics.

And this, shows the duckbill to good effect.

I have an Su 34 in the stash.  They look so good in this scheme i'm almost tempted to build it RW
Fred

scooter

Paint it black with a yellow-orange radome  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

It's a DUCK!? :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Daffy is a fav of mine so I'm happy either way ☺️ 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .