BAE Harrier GR7A JASDF Maritime Strike, Finished pics pg 5.

Started by zenrat, November 21, 2023, 03:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Thread title has somethijg about "blue"...

zenrat

Quote from: perttime on December 02, 2023, 11:56:10 AMThread title has somethijg about "blue"...

I can't stand Donald Duck.

Cockpit attached to fuselage today.  While doing so I got inspiration for a Tophe build... ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

PSR (minimal) finished today and I put a coat of primer onto it

Am I correct in thinking that when on the ground Harriers had their UC doors closed unless ground crew had to stick their heads inside for some reason?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

The mainwheel doors, yes, the nosewheel doors stayed open.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.   :thumbsup:
Primer has revealed a seam on the spine which needs attention.
Which is annoying.
 :banghead:
Fred

zenrat

I have begun smearing colour across her surfaces with a hairy stick.

Blue Harrier WIP 31-12-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Hataka Acrylic paint.  First time I have used these.  They dry very fast.
Fred

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 05:26:20 AMPSR (minimal) finished today and I put a coat of primer onto it

Am I correct in thinking that when on the ground Harriers had their UC doors closed unless ground crew had to stick their heads inside for some reason?

If the engine is running then yes. I looked at quite a few pictures which supported this, only thing was that you could not see the main gear doors.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 31, 2023, 02:33:07 AMHataka Acrylic paint.  First time I have used these.  They dry very fast.

They do indeed. They are my "go to" range now.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Second colour started.  Both will need another coat but I am impatient and like to see if reality is going to match the picture in my head.

Blue Harrier WIP 01-01-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I like the Hataka paint but have found it needs more effort to clean out of the brush than Vallejo does.  Probly because of the quick drying.  I had to work Tamiya Acrylic Thinners into the bristles to de-clag their roots.  Vallejo acrylics just need a quick swizzle in my water jar followed by a wipe on a rag.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Hmm, that 's odd. I find the Hataka Blue Line paints clean out of my brushes very easily, two swishes in the water jar followed by one in the Tamiya Thinners jar does the job.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Love the colours Fred

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 01, 2024, 03:19:07 AMHmm, that 's odd. I find the Hataka Blue Line paints clean out of my brushes very easily, two swishes in the water jar followed by one in the Tamiya Thinners jar does the job.

Same here, except it's Humbrol thinners. Mind you to be on the safe side after a painting session I tend to leave my brushes standing in a jar of "Brush Magic" for 20 minutes or so as well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

Better and better.............  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

buzzbomb

great scheme... I like that