BAE Harrier GR7A JASDF Maritime Strike, Finished pics pg 5.

Started by zenrat, November 21, 2023, 03:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

That odd blue color goes a long way towards disrupting the outline of the aircraft. Well done!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

The scheme is the early Russian SU-34 scheme.  The "odd blue colour" is Light Blue Green and is the colour the underside is painted.  The other two colours are Medium Blue Green, and Dark Blue Green.

Hmmm, next time I try this scheme I need to get more wiggley.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Didn't Will Smith do a song like that? "Gettin' Wiggly widdit" ;D

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Another coat of the darkest Blue/Green today followed by work on the fiddley bits.  I painted ailerons, front air brake, and hard points and primes the flaps as they have sink marks in them and need some putty.
I also realised while doing all this that as built OOB she has no guns.  Can't have that so I raided one of the Hasegawa Sea Harriers in the stash for its cannons.  Surprisingly they appear to be a perfect fit.  Which is lucky as i've already paint the soft blue underbelly.  It's a complex shape to get to fit right so maybe it shows both Airfix and Hasegawa kits have good scale fidelity?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on January 07, 2024, 03:28:19 AMThe scheme is the early Russian SU-34 scheme.

The scheme even has an unofficial name: "Greenbottle Fly"!

zenrat

Add the stickers and a build comes to life.

Blue Harrier WIP 30-01-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

I could see them flying out of Tsushima Island, waiting for the Imperial Russian Soviet Russian Baltic Fleet/2d Pacific Squadron Pt II
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Looks very Japanese in those colours. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Very very cool mate 😀
Those colours look great 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .