Hungarian AF Me 410

Started by NARSES2, November 26, 2023, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

That interior looks way too dark, even for 66.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 27, 2024, 06:12:40 AMNice job.

:thumbsup:

Not really me, basically it's a nice job by Eduard  :thumbsup:

One thing I forgot to mention with the "Space" sets is that whilst they behave like normal transfers initially, floating off the backing sheet very quickly, you are advised to help them adhere to the surface. Eduard suggest white glue. Now I'd probably have problems controling the amount and positioning of that, so I simply used Klear. Painted it on the syrface, placed the item, coated it with Klear. Quick and simple with the bonus, for me, of being far less messy.

Finally decided on a scheme as well. So one step forwards and ten back if you've read my Blog piece.  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

They look nice. Looks like I will have to order a couple of sets for the kits I have in the stash.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on July 28, 2024, 01:10:54 AMThey look nice. Looks like I will have to order a couple of sets for the kits I have in the stash.

Gondor

Order one first just to make sure you get on with them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 27, 2024, 09:55:31 AMThat interior looks way too dark, even for 66.

Standard Xtracrylic Lee

NARSES2

Well on going back and looking at my cock-up in the cold light of day it wasn't as bad as first feared. So I started on fixing it this morning, will take a while but should be relatively easy to sort out as long as I don't rush it.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 30, 2024, 05:32:55 AMWell on going back and looking at my cock-up in the cold light of day it wasn't as bad as first feared. So I started on fixing it this morning, will take a while but should be relatively easy to sort out as long as I don't rush it.

Time to take a break, Chris! ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 30, 2024, 07:11:23 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 30, 2024, 05:32:55 AMWell on going back and looking at my cock-up in the cold light of day it wasn't as bad as first feared. So I started on fixing it this morning, will take a while but should be relatively easy to sort out as long as I don't rush it.

Indeed and I've dug out a Tamiya Zero to keep me company at the bench whilst taking a breather  :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2024, 06:09:02 AM

Indeed and I've dug out a Tamiya Zero to keep me company at the bench whilst taking a breather  :rolleyes:

Oh, good grief! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2024, 06:09:02 AM

Own worst enemy  :rolleyes:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

I should of been clearer.

Once I took my break from the bench and made myself a cuppa, I removed the Zero from storage and placed it on the bench. It's not been started yet, merely there so that I have something that should build easily to work on whilst things like glue/putty/paint are drying on the 410 and 162. Probably won't actualy start it until the weekend.

I find 3 kits on the go at any time is the number I'm comfortable with. Could never get into one at a time (I really admire Dizzy for being able to do that) and 4 or more is to much.

So I'm behaving myself.  :angel:

NARSES2

Slow progress is being made  :thumbsup: 

This kit is like all the recent Airfix new tools I've built in that providing you align parts correctly then future attachments will simply slot into place with a satisfactory "click" and barely need any glue at all. However if you miss-align parts (I blame my stigmatism  :-\ ) then boy will that cause you some extra work later on. Still we are getting there, might even see some more photos next week.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2024, 01:23:25 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 27, 2024, 09:55:31 AMThat interior looks way too dark, even for 66.

Standard Xtracrylic Lee

I'd forgotten how dark it can be.  The interior of the Ar 232 was done with the old Aeromaster stuff and that looks just as dark.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 07, 2024, 11:37:40 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2024, 01:23:25 AM

Standard Xtracrylic Lee

I'd forgotten how dark it can be.  The interior of the Ar 232 was done with the old Aeromaster stuff and that looks just as dark.

Must admit my usual use for it is as my go to for "tyre black"