Corsair GR.1

Started by kitbasher, November 29, 2023, 10:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Slowly getting there.....Xtracolor topcoating under way.  A little bit more work on the Paveways needed but that won't take long.  Sidewinders painted Light Aircraft Grey after a faff painting them white, which was just wrong (and messy).
You cannot view this attachment.
Will be done by the end of May (but I'm not yet saying which year  ;) ).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Right now it's looking a lot more complete than mine   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kitbasher

Corsair mishap - knocked it of its perch, a tailplane and a mainwheel broke off but all repaired.  Top coating still to be finished but had an urge to apply some markings to show a little bit of tanglible progress.  Roundels and finflashes from Modeldecal 54 and the squadron markings from Modeldecal 77.  Tomorrow I must make time to finish the top coating and complete the Paveways.

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Looking smart  :thumbsup:  and yes markings can bring a model to life.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I like it 👌  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

That is looking so good!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitbasher

Decals are done.  Matt varnishing starts tomorrow after a little bit of touching up the paint here and there.  Oh and I need to replace a nose sensor that's disappeared at some point.

Getting there.

kitbasher

Nearly done - weapons on, drop tanks being tidied up, tiny paint touch ups needed.

kerick

Can't wait to see the finished product!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitbasher

Pics and backstory on the 'finished entries' thread (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?msg=1046768).

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

She looks great! :thumbsup:

But, then, she's a SLUF & SLUFs always look great! :wub:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

That looks totally believable Dave, a super job.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit