Model World Live 2024

Started by Nick, November 30, 2023, 05:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

A brand new show for 2024, Model World Live is being held at the NEC Birmingham. It is being run by Key Model World who also do the Great Electric Train Show at Milton Keynes.
https://www.keymodelworld.com/modelworldlive

This new event combines Model Railways with Scale Modelling. Live demonstrations, presentations and traders on site.

April 27-28 2024
Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 10am - 4pm

Advance ticket sale price is £16 per day.  £14 if you are Key Model World magazine subscribers.
There is a 2 day VIP Ticket at £50 which includes £25 of vouchers so you will be spending more to 'save money'.

Parking on site is £17.95 per day. Drops to £12.95 if you book in advance.

Looking at all the costs involved I can't say that I'm too keen on this.
It would be cheaper than going up to Scotland for the Scots Nationals which is the same weekend.
It's in Hall 17 which is the furthest from the station and hotels, but nearest to most car parks.

kitbasher

I won't be going.

Instead I'll be in a swanky Fairmont Chateau hotel in Quebec City that weekend!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

One to ponder next year I think. The NEC is only just over the hour from Euston so it's doable in a day, but we will see. I do subscribe to Airfix Mag so presumably an upcoming eedition will have more info.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Bad planning on their part to have it the same weekend as Perth.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 30, 2023, 07:09:57 AMBad planning on their part to have it the same weekend as Perth.

I can see a couple of reasons for them having that weekend for their show, only time available at a reasonable price and to try and pinch people from Perth, or rather to stop people going north to Perth.[/cynic]

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I doubt they knew, let alone care. Most southerners won't travel much further north than Leeds.

I won't be going to either. The Scots Nats policy of charging exhibitors an entry fee - effectively charging them to look at their own models - has earned them a lifetime boycott from me.  And I can't be bothered with the NEC.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 30, 2023, 10:47:54 AMMost southerners won't travel much further north than Leeds.

That far even ?  :angel:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

One trader from Halifax has refused to go any further north than Darlington...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 30, 2023, 12:47:57 PMOne trader from Halifax has refused to go any further north than Darlington...

Won't cross the Tees then ?  ;D

If you draw a line across mainland Britain at the halfway point it's amazing what counts as being in the southern half, don't worry Lee your safe  ;) . I know a couple of die hard "northerners" who on being shown that instantly insist it's drawn across England. You still get surprising results though  ;D

Me ? Dad was born in Croydon, which was Surrey then as it was when I was born and mum in Sunderland. So a boot in both camps  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I was born in Croydon too, must have been something in the water back in those days to produce such a surfeit of Whiff modellers.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Yeah, mercury & lead! :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 01, 2023, 03:12:27 AMYeah, mercury & lead! :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  ;)

Probably and then Lord knows what I contaminated myself with from playing on all the bomb sites  :angel:

Weaver

Note: Advance parking pricing has been updated by the NEC as of January 25 2024. Parking on the day now costs £18.95, and advance parking is £13.95.

Small correction: the Advance VIP ticket includes £25 of Key products AND a sheet of discount vouchers (value unspecified).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

Key Model World have announced that a Scimitar and a FV434 Armoured Recovery Vehicle will be on display at the show.

Who has exclusive 1/76 and 1/43 models of these vehicles for sale? Key Model World via PJM Models  :lol:

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/fv107-scimitar-and-batus-fv434-model-world-live

NARSES2

Looked at the latest "Traders attending list" this morning and I reckon 90% of them are model railway orientated. Very few scale modelling traders listed and to be honest other than Airfix I'm not familiar with any of them.

Don't think I'll be going unless there's a drastic change.