The ULTIMATE in wing extension, the Ho 267! - DONE!

Started by PR19_Kit, December 02, 2023, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 30, 2024, 02:00:44 AMAster five coats of 'Luftsky' on the underside of the 267 I was almost losing the will to live, but it seems that'll be enough. I've got one coat of the lighter green on top, but it was done with Hitaka paint rather than Gunze Sangyo and it looks like I'll only need one more coat there. Magic stuff.

There'll be a slight delay now as I'm carting all my stuff back home today after keeping warm in my 'country home' for some weeks.

I'd be afraid of moving back and forth your model with such long and slender wings...
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

So was I, but the wing joints are pretty strong and I lad it flat in a long thin box.

I have history doing stuff like this.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 01, 2024, 12:52:17 PMI have history doing stuff like this.  ;D

With a Mission Statement like Rule #1, that's not surprising! ;D

PR19_Kit

The 267's got its 2nd and 3rd coats of RLM 82 green on the top surfaces now. It's not that big a model but takes a HECK of  lot of, paint to cover that vast wing area!

Masking next and then some splinter style camo with RLM 83 next. Hell, now even I'M taking RLM numbers!  :banghead:  :banghead:

Eventually I'll get round to fitting the modified landing gear.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2024, 11:58:36 AMThe 267's got its 2nd and 3rd coats of RLM 82 green on the top surfaces now. It's not that big a model but takes a HECK of  lot of, paint to cover that vast wing area!

Masking next and then some splinter style camo with RLM 83 next. Hell, now even I'M taking RLM numbers!  :banghead:  :banghead:

Eventually I'll get round to fitting the modified landing gear.

I won't get worried about you quoting RLM paint numbers with gay abandon until you start telling us the FS equivalent at the same time  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on February 16, 2024, 01:01:02 PMI won't get worried about you quoting RLM paint numbers with gay abandon until you start telling us the FS equivalent at the same time  ;D

Hehehehe, while I have the FS595 chip book somewhere, it's never where I think it is, so I don't use it as much as I should do really.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The '267 has some paint on top now too, two greens splinter camo. All imaginary of course as the Hortons used any old paint they had handy in actuality.

Sadly I cracked one extended wing joint while un-masking it, so it'll need some remedial superglue action before a small re-paint later on.

Yeah, I KNOW the light green is matt and the dark green is satin. No idea why, it just is, but nothing that a coat if varnish won't cure.

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

loupgarou

Keep away from our aussie friends. They could mistake your Horten for a boomerang and play with it... :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Steel Penguin

thats looking very good there Kit  :thumbsup: , and i think that the two styles of paint is not a bad thing, im not sure how id fit it into the back story  ( with ref to rule 2.)  but late war shortages, or possibly some kind of production thing would cover it.  :unsure:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

Quote from: loupgarou on March 04, 2024, 12:35:14 PMKeep away from our aussie friends. They could mistake your Horten for a boomerang and play with it... :o
Was thinking if someone threw that would it come back to em 🤔 😂

I do enjoy not looking in the aircraft section much ..cause when I do ..always plenty of great builds to see progress on  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Looks like it belongs mounted on the boot of a stretch limo.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 05, 2024, 02:47:44 AMLooks like it belongs mounted on the boot of a stretch limo.

It's almost the right size too!  :o

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 05, 2024, 03:23:49 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 05, 2024, 02:47:44 AMLooks like it belongs mounted on the boot of a stretch limo.

A Niche Market for you, Kit - you'd have to work in metal, but other than that...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 06, 2024, 12:24:23 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 05, 2024, 03:23:49 AM

A Niche Market for you, Kit - you'd have to work in metal, but other than that...

I started my work career 'in metal' so I could probably manage it. Not sure I want to though, plastic is SO much easier to deal with.  ;D

The 267's done with painting now, but needs the landing gear and decals sorted before it's finished.. Sadly the windscreen has gone all blurry and there's NO way I could find another one that small!

Regards
Kit