The ULTIMATE in wing extension, the Ho 267! - DONE!

Started by PR19_Kit, December 02, 2023, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Looking at that V6 drawing makes me wonder what German for Tadpole is ? "Kaulquappe" according to Google
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A tadpole with loooooooooooooooooong wings!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Or even a crunchy frog, perhaps?  But probably NOT an anthrax ripple.

Sorry for the brief foray into Pythonism!  The build itself is coming along very nicely indeed;  but I'd hate to be the chap who has to put this Horten into a hanger................sideways on, perhaps?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

That size comparison pic.....woah ! And you're really doing this one up right with that deepened belly ! 
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

After struggling with how to include the much deeper lower fuselage of the production variants of the Ho 229, I decided to build it like a flying model, with formers and sheeting.

Here's the internal structure of the new underside, and by the time you've read this the initial sheeting portion will be in place....

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Still very interested in this build and more so now  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I've got the central skin of the bulged fuselage in place, complete with cutout for the MONSTER nose gear, except it won't be such a monster on the 267, and the port side filler portion too. A little PSR around the intakes and nose was needed, but it's looking passable.

I can't reproduce the 'hooded' intakes look that the V6 prototype had as it would have taken much too much work, but this will be  good enough for Government (or RLM....) work anyway.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Now got both side panels in place and started the PSR, of which they'll be a lot I'm sure.

The rear panels will need to be added later.

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

Great stuff Kit 👍
Tell ya one thing..im gonna get a 48th one of these beauties 😉
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Strangely they come in ALL sorts of scales, from 1/144 up to 1/32!

Goodness knows how you build a 1/144 ones, it's fragile and complex enough in 1/72!  :o

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

I know there's a Revell 48th one sitting in my LHS right now ..the only issue at the moment is the $125 price tag.