The ULTIMATE in wing extension, the Ho 267! - DONE!

Started by PR19_Kit, December 02, 2023, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 03, 2023, 01:03:19 AMWhat is the German name for the (bird) swift? :unsure:

For a swallow it's 'Schwalbenvogel', but it just comes up with 'Schneller' when you try and translate swift, and that's 'quicker'.........

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 03, 2023, 02:59:01 AMThe Revell kit, for all people jack off over it and have it wearing in service markings, is the V-3 prototype. The production version would have had a deeper and smoother, more blended underside.  You have the ideal opportunity here to do so.

I was intending to do something like that to give enough room inside for longer focal length cameras, but where can I find any drawings of the proposed production versions?

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I've added a couple of styrene troughs under the engines to blank off the gaping holes there. With a dap of paint they'll look pretty good I'm sure.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

IIRC the Classic publications book on the type does.  An email to Arthur Bentley, who did the drawings and is very amenable to assisting modellers, could give you what you need.  I think he has a website
www.albentley-drawings.com

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 03, 2023, 04:01:11 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 03, 2023, 01:03:19 AMWhat is the German name for the (bird) swift? :unsure:

For a swallow it's 'Schwalbenvogel', but it just comes up with 'Schneller' when you try and translate swift, and that's 'quicker'.........

Browsing between English and German Wikipedia pages, I get Schwalbe for Swallow and Segler for Swift.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Vulcan7

looking very cool, (one of my favourite aircraft) with a great idea  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

perttime

Quote from: The Rat on December 03, 2023, 09:38:37 AMWhen I did research for mine, I got 'maursegler": Supermarine Maursegler
Mauersegler is the "common swift". There are many other species of swift.

jcf

The RLM 8-230 number was assigned to the DFS 230 glider but ...

8-267
Gotha Go 267: allocated to Gotha, possibly not used.

Horten Ho 267: twin-turbojet flying wing; possibly identical
to or related to Ho/Go 229 and/or Go 267; allocation not
confirmed.

;)

Accidental Loggie

Quote from: perttime on December 03, 2023, 12:00:31 PM
Quote from: The Rat on December 03, 2023, 09:38:37 AMWhen I did research for mine, I got 'maursegler": Supermarine Maursegler
Mauersegler is the "common swift". There are many other species of swift.

Well, there's African and European for a start....
Converte et subvertere

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Accidental Loggie on December 03, 2023, 02:20:03 PMWell, there's African and European for a start....

And Supermarine as well................  ;D

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: jcf on December 03, 2023, 02:01:23 PMThe RLM 8-230 number was assigned to the DFS 230 glider but ...

8-267
Gotha Go 267: allocated to Gotha, possibly not used.

Horten Ho 267: twin-turbojet flying wing; possibly identical
to or related to Ho/Go 229 and/or Go 267; allocation not
confirmed.

Ah, I KNEW I'd seen 230 somewhere before, darn it.

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..