The ULTIMATE in wing extension, the Ho 267! - DONE!

Started by PR19_Kit, December 02, 2023, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I did the 'boiling water and freezer' trick on the port wing of the 267 and it's come out nicely flat and matching the starboard wing, so I glued them both on, and the nose cone, such as it is, as well.

So the whole thing looks like this now.

As you can see from the 6" rule, it's ruddy HUGE!   ;D

And just to make the point even more, here it is posed with the Saro Shrimp T3, hardly a small aeroplane either!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

The entire concrete allocation of the RLM will be set aside for the next 15 years in order to make runways wide enough for this magnificent machine.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

What's the German word for Boomerang 🪃 👀 😆
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

perttime

Old Wombat

According to Google Translate ... Boomerang.

According to Collins Dictionary Online ... Bumerang.

According to Cambridge Dictionary Online ... Bumerang.

Looks like Bumerang is taking an early lead. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on December 12, 2023, 11:13:44 PMWhat's the German word for Boomerang 🪃 👀 😆

My first thoughts as well  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

It's a safety feature - if an engine flames out, it will return to base on its own! The pilot may get a little dizzy, though

PR19_Kit

Quote from: frank2056 on December 13, 2023, 09:05:51 AMIt's a safety feature - if an engine flames out, it will return to base on its own! The pilot may get a little dizzy, though

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The production and pre-production models of the Ho 229 were slightly different to the only one left alive these days, the V3 prototype. They would have had a deeper and more rounded underside to the 'fuselage', such as it is, to make more room for ammo etc. and one prototype, the V6, was built like this but never made it out of Germany after WWII, and it never flew.

So my projected Ho 267 will have that deepened belly as well, but to make more room for longer focal length camera lenses rather than for ammo. I've got a drawing of the V6 from the Classic book, and the changes are pretty subtle, but visible, so I'll be cutting some formers to run alongside the landing gear bays up to the nose to give the basic shape, and then I plan to skin across those and then add side pieces to fair the bulge into the lower wing surfaces.

At least that's the plan...............

The very first stage failed because I had to work on the thing with it upside down and the little gunsight thing that sits in from of the panel promptly broke off at one end, but it occurred to me that they wouldn't need a gunsight anyway, so I chopped it right off! I was convinced it would have fouled the tiny windscreen anyway, and decided to glue the screen and canopy on to prevent any further damage to the very fragile looking cockpit, and that's done now.

Back to cutting out the formers.

The intake are quite a bit different, being drooped on the V6, but I really can't be bothered to go chopping about those bits of this quite delicate kit, so my backtsory says the 267s retained the old style intakes.

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 13, 2023, 12:08:26 AMAccording to Google Translate ... Boomerang.

But will it make a come-back?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Rheged

Quote from: Scotaidh on December 15, 2023, 01:38:22 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 13, 2023, 12:08:26 AMAccording to Google Translate ... Boomerang.

It's pantomime season, so..................................OH NO IT WON'T!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Rat

Quote from: Rheged on December 15, 2023, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: Scotaidh on December 15, 2023, 01:38:22 PM

It's pantomime season, so..................................OH NO IT WON'T!

OH YES IT WILL!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Strewth, what DO I have to put up with in my own thread.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 15, 2023, 02:08:18 PMStrewth, what DO I have to put up with in my own thread.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Sorry, mate.  Couldn't resist.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."