The ULTIMATE in wing extension, the Ho 267! - DONE!

Started by PR19_Kit, December 02, 2023, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Welcome to the Wonderful World of The End of The Supply Chain... :banghead:

The Wooksta!

The 48th Revell is the Dragon kit, I think.  Which is a good 30 years old.  For that money  you'd be better of with a similar scale Zokamuira kit.

The reverse is true for 72nd, as I don't think the 72nd Zokamuira is any advance on the 1994 Revell kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2024, 01:10:37 PMHOW much????:o  :o  :o  :o
Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 12, 2024, 01:23:10 PMWelcome to the Wonderful World of The End of The Supply Chain... :banghead:
Exactly what Rick said Kit , like ive said in the past we get ripped off for everything in the country and i do mean eveything ...they use the same excuses why things are so expensive here and they now wonder why this place is going into a recession  :banghead:  :banghead:

I do want one of these models but im sure as poop not going to pay that for it after reading what Lee wrote ...that is to stupid a price for what is a bloody old kit set 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

I've never had the 48th Dragon single seater, so I assume it's based on the V-3 prototype. The two seater I think is based on the unfinished V-7 which has the deeper centre section.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 12, 2024, 03:56:53 PM....... the unfinished V-7 which has the deeper centre section.

As being modelled in this thread.  ;D

Hopefully, and it's going pretty well so far.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The PSRing and priming of the front half of the bulged belly of the 267 is sorted, and I'm pretty pleased with it anyway.  ;D

The rear half has to be done now, but it's a lot smaller and I don't have to fair it into the intake area as I did for the front half.

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

PR19_Kit

The tail reconstruction's done now, needs some filing and the inevitable PSR of course, but that'll be the main mods all done.

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

This is looking brilliant Kit..great work 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

The large nose wheel is to increase the angle of attack for the wing, shortens take off run.  IIRC the late ones were to have had a smaller wheel.

The Hortens may have had some funding, but most of their stuff was built with whatever they could get their hands on.

I really should dig out the Classic book.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

I'm used two captured Spitfire nose wheels on a lengthened leg, looks lots better than that He117 monster.

I'm amazed there's NOTHING between the pilot and the engines, no bulkheads, no skin panels, just nothing!  :o

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The attitude the Nazis took to health and safety was clearly obvious here.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit