The ULTIMATE in wing extension, the Ho 267! - DONE!

Started by PR19_Kit, December 02, 2023, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Defeat the Allies no matter the cost to men or machines...not the smartest way to think .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

Lots of work going into this one ! Looking good !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 18, 2024, 09:27:17 AMThe attitude the Nazis took to health and safety was clearly obvious here.

And the Natter and Me-163 are also prime examples...

zenrat

They were desperate.  After the Soviets turned them back and the US joined in then they had no hope.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The construction work's almost done now, should do the very last PSR session today.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Well, the 267's ready for paint now, but that's a problem. What scheme DO I paint it in?

The Hortons are on record as saying that they painted their aircraft in whatever paint was handy at the time, but this is meant to be an 'in service' PR aircraft for taking target pics for the Luftwaffe Amerika Bombers, and as they never had anything like that there are no such schemes.  :banghead:

Any and all ideas will be welcomed.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

82/83 splinter over the Luftwaffe Sky.  That's what I'm going to do one of my salvage ones.  I've used the same combo on a Blohm und Voss type and it looks really good.  But then most things look good in captured markings.

Or perhaps a KG200 scheme of a 74 or 82(the dark one) mottle over 75 with black underneath wrapping round over the leading and trailing edges.  Did something similar years back and it was very effective.  It was part of a diorama with SS guards having shot someone who'd got too close.

The Luftwaffe had no or very few dedicated PR aircraft, every single type was kitted out for the role at some point.  There was even a proposal for a recce Komet.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Good ideas there Lee, thanks a lot. I'd rather go with the first one as a) I like the splinter schemes, and b) I'm no good doing mottles.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 19, 2024, 10:49:54 AMThe Luftwaffe had no or very few dedicated PR aircraft, every single type was kitted out for the role at some point.  There was even a proposal for a recce Komet.

They have now.  ;D  ;D

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Mine was a hand painted hard edge mottle, more a splodges.  Took ages to do but it did look quite effective.

As for Luftwaffe PR.  Unlike the Allies, they didn't stick to several dedicated types, say the several PR squadrons with dedicated Mosquitoes and Spitfires.  There were at least four PR versions of the Ta 152, with differing camera fits.  Massive duplication of effort.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Having dug out the Classic book on the 229, it would appear that the Revell kit is closer to the V2, rather than the V3 prototype I assumed.  Needs a lot of work to get it to a production model.

I'll have another look at the Zokamuira kit at the weekend.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 25, 2024, 06:17:31 PMHaving dug out the Classic book on the 229, it would appear that the Revell kit is closer to the V2, rather than the V3 prototype I assumed.  Needs a lot of work to get it to a production model.

You're telling me! It's been a struggle, but that bulged underbelly sure looks the part now it's done.

I've got the underside colour on now too, and that takes SO many coats as it's so pale, FIVE so far, and I'm still not sure if it's enough.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Aster five coats of 'Luftsky' on the underside of the 267 I was almost losing the will to live, but it seems that'll be enough. I've got one coat of the lighter green on top, but it was done with Hitaka paint rather than Gunze Sangyo and it looks like I'll only need one more coat there. Magic stuff.

There'll be a slight delay now as I'm carting all my stuff back home today after keeping warm in my 'country home' for some weeks.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The Luftwaffe Sky has long been known as RLM 84, so much so Aeromaster released it as that.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

I couldn't find any of the proper 84 numbered stuff and used Gunze Sangyo's RAF Sky, which is a tad yellower than anyone elses.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

IF you can find it, Xtracolour Mil 28 Grey-Green is a good match.  Lovely colour.

I've a feeling 76 mixed with 02 could be right, but would have to use Humbrol as Xtracrylix RLM76 is like rocking horse dung.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: