The SARO Shrimp T3

Started by PR19_Kit, December 03, 2023, 09:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Nothing shows up faults in ones PSR process better than a coat of silver paint.  :banghead:

After spraying a 2nd coat of Stratos Silver I've just got to do some more PSR on the Shrimp, ho hum, such is life.

But it does look a lot better in silver.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 13, 2024, 08:08:14 AMNothing shows up faults in ones PSR process better than a coat of silver paint.  :banghead:

After spraying a 2nd coat of Stratos Silver I've just got to do some more PSR on the Shrimp, ho hum, such is life.

Black is pretty damn good for that too but sliver is best as I also found out a while back   :banghead:
That's mainly why I'm quite hesitant to paint with silver now .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

Quote from: Wardukw on January 13, 2024, 11:00:27 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 13, 2024, 08:08:14 AMNothing shows up faults in ones PSR process better than a coat of silver paint.  :banghead:

Black is pretty damn good for that too but sliver is best as I also found out a while back   :banghead:
That's mainly why I'm quite hesitant to paint with silver now .

Some modelers use silver specifically for that purpose, to spotlight areas that need further work.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Now the umpteenth PSR session has been carried out on the Shrimp (that's the OVER the silver paint PSR session.....) and I've added a couple more coats of Strato Silver, and then re-scribed the panel lines on the wings and tail (the fuselage ones will have to wait till the paint's gone REALLY hard as the Dymo tape will pull it off otherwise...).

Now I've masked up the Trailer Yellow wing and fuselage bands and stripped off the zilljons of little canopy masks. I reckon it looks pretty good, just how I imagined it.  :thumbsup:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Looking very good indeed  :mellow:  :tornado:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

PR19_Kit

And the stripes are PINK this morning too.  ;D

That's because it makes a good background colour for the final Trainer yellow stripes. I may post a pic later, it looks SO unlikely!

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

And here with pink stripes. (not a phrase you see here very often!)

And then I used up half a roll of Tamiya tape to mask it, and sprayed it yellow............

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

I have read pink is great under yellow.  Makes it really pop. 

however as a Whiffer mainly interested in cold war era aircraft and ships, not any pink in my paint drawer.....I should pick up a rattle can of pink. 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Rheged

Quote from: sandiego89 on January 15, 2024, 06:58:26 AMI have read pink is great under yellow.  Makes it really pop. 

however as a Whiffer mainly interested in cold war era aircraft and ships, not any pink in my paint drawer.....I should pick up a rattle can of pink. 

You may have to wait a little while.  World supplies of pink paint  were considerably depleted during the making of the Barbie film.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Mix your own with white and red. Simples.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 15, 2024, 08:29:53 AMMix your own with white and red. Simples.

Exactly what I did. The PRU Pink I have is way too pale to work the way the mix does, but it still took FOUR coats of yellow to cover it all.

Yellow is the most AWFUL colour to use, i find anyway.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

All released PRU Pinks are wrong anyway, far too dark, all far too pink. It was a very subtle colour.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Rat

Little-known fact; until the interwar years, pink was considered a boys colour, blue was for girls. Somehow the public sentiment swung the other way.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 15, 2024, 05:51:01 AMAnd here with pink stripes. (not a phrase you see here very often!)

At least, not in a non-Terry-authored post...

I did know about the colour-swap; I blame Marketing - of whatever sort, for whatever product/agenda it was.

IIRC there was an old-school undercoat for Red - was it Green? Or the other way around?