The SARO Shrimp T3

Started by PR19_Kit, December 03, 2023, 09:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

I've a ten year old Brother printer that has not yet   let me down.  It was recommended  by  an IT expert I once worked with.  It's been running  on cheap replacement printer cartridges since new!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on February 02, 2024, 10:33:06 AMI've a ten year old Brother printer that has not yet  let me down.  It was recommended  by  an IT expert I once worked with.  It's been running  on cheap replacement printer cartridges since new!

Funny how technology will do that - give it the cheapest and/or nastiest stuff and its' happy as Larry - spoil it with the expensive stuff, or some TLC and it never stops giving trouble.

PR19_Kit

With a bit of luck the Shrimp will be finished tomorrow.

Having gained access to a printer that will actually print black I printed out my carefully designed decal sheet only to find that half of it was maybe 1.3 times too big.................  :banghead:

Why, I have no idea, but it was, so I applied the proper sized ejection seat warnings, the nose codes and the OCU insignia, and then RE-drew the roundels and serials the correct size. Just now the varnish is drying on them and I hope to get them on later this evening.

Fingers crossed...................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I have been waiting to see this finished for sooooo long Kit, I have one of these that nearly got started a couple of months back, and your wisdom on how it has gone together has been of great help. :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Only too glad to help out Chris. That's one of the good things about this Forum, it's what we do!

Other modelling Forums (Forii?) are full of 'secret processes' that people won't divulge, but not here.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 12, 2024, 12:40:33 PMOnly too glad to help out Chris. That's one of the good things about this Forum, it's what we do!

Other modelling Forums (Forii?) are full of 'secret processes' that people won't divulge, but not here.

Yeah - they mention 'As per the usual method', and when someone asks what that is, it's 'You don't know? How can you call yourself a modeller when everyone should know that?'

Accidental Loggie

Converte et subvertere

PR19_Kit

At last it's done.  ;D

A little varnishing and some small touch-up jobs on the paint, but it's pretty well done and dusted now.

The usual left and right side views.

The shortened and widened exhaust ducts, to handle the increased thrust of the single Sapphire, and also showing the worn area of the yellow fuselage stripe caused by the water flow past the stern post. The only bit of 'weathering' on the model apart from the exhaust stains.......

What it's all about, the tandem 2-seater cockpit so the newbie pilots can learn how to handle jet seaplanes. Note the ejection seat warnings on TOP of the wing, there aren't any vertical surfaces nearby for them, unlike normal aircraft.

Underside view, and you can see the beaching gear a lot more clearly here. too.

The deployed starboard float. When retracted the float rotates through 180 degrees so it sits inverted under the wing, sometimes........................ (see the port float......)

What's not visually obvious at first (but should be expected 'cos I built it.... ;D ) is that the wings and tailplane all have increased spans and the rudder is taller also.

Backstory should be in the Alternative History section by the time you read this, and it's here https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52601.new#new

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Absolutely marvelous :wub:
Well worth the wait Kit. :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Wardukw

Quote from: chrisonord on February 13, 2024, 08:23:15 AMAbsolutely marvelous :wub:
Well worth the wait Kit. :thumbsup:
Pretty much the exact words I was gonna say  ;D  ;D
Couldn't agree more Kit..awesome stuff 👏 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

The Rat

Looks right champion!  :wub:  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

frank2056

That's a beautiful looking seaplane!

Vulcan7

Looks The business  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :tornado:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

scooter

And nominated for a Whiffy
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng