Marinefleiger Buccaneer

Started by smeds, December 09, 2023, 07:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeds

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 16, 2023, 02:47:13 AMLooks SO plausible, specially with those Komorans under the wings. They are Kormorans, aren't they?

They should be. However, they are Martels from the kit. but don't tell anyone  :-X

smeds

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 16, 2023, 02:52:57 AMSweet.  :thumbsup:  Even though I am not certain about the silver underside. Inspired by Marineflieger F-104Gs, I assume? It would rather be "Silbergrau" RAL 7001, though, a cold grey tone similar to FS 36375, or RAL 7035 (Lichtgrau, an almost white grey that was used under the Seahawks and Tornados) and most probably not metallic. But that's a rather nitpicky comment...  :rolleyes:
However, it's a plausible build, IIRC the Bucc was on the Marineflieger's wish list, but they had to accept the Starfighter...

Indeed inspired by the Starfighter.

perttime

Old Wombat

That is Whiffy worthy!  :bow:  :bow:

However, Chris beat me to the punch on nominating it! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

Like it.

Plenty of detail scope in 1/48. I too did one based on the venerable Frog offering some years back. This looks very schmick.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: smeds on December 16, 2023, 05:18:39 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 16, 2023, 02:52:57 AMSweet.  :thumbsup:  Even though I am not certain about the silver underside. Inspired by Marineflieger F-104Gs, I assume? It would rather be "Silbergrau" RAL 7001, though, a cold grey tone similar to FS 36375, or RAL 7035 (Lichtgrau, an almost white grey that was used under the Seahawks and Tornados) and most probably not metallic. But that's a rather nitpicky comment...  :rolleyes:
However, it's a plausible build, IIRC the Bucc was on the Marineflieger's wish list, but they had to accept the Starfighter...

Indeed inspired by the Starfighter.

;D

Glenn Gilbertson

Looks magnificent, and it SHOULD have happened!  :thumbsup:

smeds

Thanks everyone for the kind words  :thumbsup:

chrisonord

Very nice , got to love a wiffed Buccaneer.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Doug K

Possibly (in part) Eric Winkle Brown's influence on the Marineflieger, he had a lot of friends there.

HarryPhishnuts

:thumbsup:
Great looking build. Always liked that scheme. I want to do a MarineFlieger What-If at some point just need to figure out what plane/backstory.

Weaver

That looks great - nice one!  :thumbsup:

I've got something similar on my to do list, but in 1/72nd scale where you can get actual Kormorans.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on January 11, 2024, 12:39:24 AMThat looks great - nice one!  :thumbsup:

I've got something similar on my to do list, but in 1/72nd scale where you can get actual Kormorans.

But you can get them in 1/48

1/48 Kormoran Scalemates

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

smeds

Quote from: Weaver on January 11, 2024, 12:39:24 AMThat looks great - nice one!  :thumbsup:

The missiles on the model are actually Martels from the kit  :thumbsup: