A-51 Svenska flygvapnet Sjörövaren

Started by Gondor, December 13, 2023, 11:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I seem to be on a bit of a roll with this one, at least so far

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

That's some very nice looking PE ...that's really going to make the model pop mate 👌
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

I think I am going to have to "borrow" some parts from the New Buccaneer kit for this one, especially as with the etch of the air-brake on it needs to be shown open so I will have to see if the RAF boxing still has the necessary parts that I can take and transplant.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Wardukw

Ain't borrowing part of the game bud ??  ;D
Especially if the parts box is looking a little low on goodies ..like mine most days but it's getting bigger .
One thing I can promise tho..there's not a single bit of anything Buccaneer in it ...or Jaguar for that matter ..will be a couple of Harrier parts being added soon. :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on December 14, 2023, 07:53:52 AMA two-colour scheme was tested on the Lansens, only using Hu77 over Hu175. A bit boring, but almost RW.

I actually found a pic of this trials scheme:

You cannot view this attachment.

Not the best shot, I'm afraid, but you can at least see that it's all over Humbrol 77 topside. Good for maritime ops.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Is that the reconnaissance version of the Lansen?

Gondor

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on December 19, 2023, 05:25:39 AMIs that the reconnaissance version of the Lansen?

Gondor

It is indeed. Trials were performed in 1962, testing a green/greygreen, an all blue (as per above) and the later adopted Draken green/blue schemes.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

Humbrol 77 is indeed a very good choice for the Swedish dark blue-grey tone!

Gondor

I have a tin of Humbrol 77 so that's what the upper surfaces will be  :thumbsup:

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I might have the remains of a new tool navy one. No promises but I'll see what I can find.

I
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 19, 2023, 11:50:19 AMI might have the remains of a new tool navy one. No promises but I'll see what I can find.

I

Thanks for the offer Lee. At the moment I am going through the new versions I have and robbing what I can to help improve the old ones I have. Most of the parts I have removed are related to the airbrakes'. Any Universal pylons, used by the RAF and late RN machines would be especially welcome.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

IIRC I have the Aerocraft S1 airbrake, along with the S1 intakes for the new tool, so the older bits may be spare.  I'll see what I can find.

I can certainly pass on some resin replacement noses (I have a mould I use as a dump for excess resin). Just let me know how many you need.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 19, 2023, 12:53:55 PMIIRC I have the Aerocraft S1 airbrake, along with the S1 intakes for the new tool, so the older bits may be spare.  I'll see what I can find.

I can certainly pass on some resin replacement noses (I have a mould I use as a dump for excess resin). Just let me know how many you need.

Oh, the nose sounds good. Problem is I only have one and three kits with two builds on the go.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

One set of open airbrakes spare, most of another along with various F4K bits that I was gifted, plus three new tool that can be robbed out.

There's only the one resin nose, but I'll be casting in the new year, so can do some more then.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: