Key Model World - LIVE show April 27/28th at NEC

Started by Weaver, December 17, 2023, 05:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Key Publishing, who produce Airfix Model World and many other magazines, have started their own online model shop, called Key Model World. At the moment it seems more railways biased although it does have some aircraft kits too, and they're mainly acting as a retailer. However they do have some exlusives too. I've posted in the PMJ Models thread about the 1/76th and 1/43rd scale CVR(T)s, and they also have some bundles of kits plus special decals.

Link: https://www.keymodelworld.com/shop
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Key Model World are doing a new show called Model World Live at the NEC in Birmingham on April 27/28 2024.

It's a combined railways and scale modelling show, so it should appeal to quite a few people around here.

More details: https://www.keymodelworld.com/modelworldlive

Note that the show ticket prices do not include the very high NEC car parking charges (£18.95/day on the day or £13.95/day if bought in advance), however the NEC is very easy to get to by rail.

Also, the site doesn't make this clear but the leaflet I got in an Airfix delivery does: the Advance VIP ticket (£50) covers admission for BOTH days and includes £25 of Key Publishing products (nature unspecified), a sheet of discount vouchers to use at the show (again, exactly what unspecified) and access to a "VIP Lounge."
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

I've been looking at this for a while, but am put off a bit by the price and also by the fact I think it will be more model railway oriented than plastic modelling oriented. Won't make a final decision until a couple of weeks before because of possible rail strikes.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

I'd like more detail on what the Key products in the VIP ticket actually are, and exactly what discount vouchers come with it.

- Indiana Jones