Martin B-51 Master

Started by PR19_Kit, December 20, 2023, 03:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Only me, Martin fitted the fin-top fairing early in the machine's life.

I can't find the lovely RAF B-51 that someone did here recently (the search engine would make a good chocolate fireguard sometimes!  :banghead: ) but he had one on there too, and mentioned it the backstory.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Logan did the profiles.  I must have missed the other build.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 29, 2024, 10:49:07 AMI can't find the lovely RAF B-51 that someone did here recently (the search engine would make a good chocolate fireguard sometimes!  :banghead: ) but he had one on there too, and mentioned it the backstory.

Here you are Kit.

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52725.0

I remembered who built it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2024, 03:47:11 AMHere you are Kit.

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52725.0

I remembered who built it.

Thanks Chris, that's the one. A lovely build, really looks the part.

Mine will be somewhat different.  ;D

Here it is with WINGS (OOB length too....) and a canopy!

One of the things everyone knows about the XB-51 is that the wings have a LOT of anhedral, and it has to be right so that the outriggers touch the ground as well as the main gear pairs. But the instructions don't mention ANYthing about the anhedral, and show all sorts of diagrams of how it should look EXCEPT a head-on view!  :banghead:  :banghead:

I can see lots of fiddling and faffing about when it comes time to fit the outriggers. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies