B-26 Marauder

Started by Sisko, March 21, 2005, 01:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Thinking R-3350's for my Vietnam gunship.  Saw that this engine was considered for the Super Marauder XB-33.
Engine was used on the A-1, C-119, P-2 and L-1049.
I have a couple P-2s reserved for a couple RW builds and an EC-121 kit. May have to do some measuring.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 05, 2009, 10:27:16 PM
Quote from: Sisko on July 05, 2009, 08:20:37 PM

I would seriously consider a jet engine in the tail.

Delete the rear and top turret insert a jet engine in the rear and make it a mixed propulsion bomber.

Recessed intakes on the sides to feed the jet.

Something similar done by the French as an ATAR testbed.  ;D

Jon

Wow - 1/7nd Marauder and 1/48th P-80.......... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

famvburg

Lots of times, changing engines doesn't have an obvious effect on the exterior of the cowling. Lots & lots of private planes have bigger (physically & power) engines installed with few, if any changes to the outside of the cowling. Also, again, not obvious to me at least, is the Bearcat racer, Rare Bear, with an R-3350 installed, the cowling doesn't look different from standard to me & the substitution of the R-3350 for the Bristol Centaurus in a Sea Fury. Again, the cowling looks the same, except you lose the 5 bladed prop. Baffling, exhaust & ducting may have to change, but the cowling doesn't necessarily have to. Also, on many radial engines, (these, I don't know), the cowling is attached to the engine itself, to the cylinders, not the airframe, so, again, other than aerodynamics or cooling, etc, it doesn't have to mate or transition to the airframe at all. If it's not all that obvious in life, imagine in even 1/32!

Quote from: philp on July 05, 2009, 11:54:21 PM
Thinking R-3350's for my Vietnam gunship.  Saw that this engine was considered for the Super Marauder XB-33.
Engine was used on the A-1, C-119, P-2 and L-1049.
I have a couple P-2s reserved for a couple RW builds and an EC-121 kit. May have to do some measuring.

frank2056

A B-26 with either turboprops or jets would be nice. Something like the early Tupolev jet bombers, like the Tu-14 or Tu-73 or closer in size, the Tu-12

jcf