Main Menu

Bolton 2024

Started by Nick, December 28, 2023, 05:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Apart from the damage to models it sounds as though all had a good time.  Any pics in due course?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Bearing in mind the weather got worse as the evening progressed I'm just glad there wasn't as much damage as there could of been. If I'd of managed to get there, I'd still be there  :unsure: as the trains haven't started running properly yet  :-\

Glad you all had a good time  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Aw crap  - sorry to hear you had damage and losses too folks.

The stupid thing is I always used to strap them, but since I only brought two boxes this time I didn't think it was worth the bother... :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

I even had a sack truck in the boot that could have been used to strap them to, but again, I didn't think I needed it. :rolleyes:

Next show I predict our carrying arrangements are going to look like we're exhibiting nuclear weapons...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

Quote from: Weaver on January 22, 2024, 10:28:19 AMNext show I predict our carrying arrangements are going to look like we're exhibiting nuclear weapons...

That will depend entirly on the weather LOL
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Nick

It was a great show and it was even warm enough in there for me to take my jacket and jumper off!
Thanks to the lads for help in selling part of my stash - it covered my petrol bill.

Weaver is a bad influence  ;)  He persuaded me to buy an Airfix SRN-1 hovercraft. At the very least I will have it in the stash  :thumbsup:

I took a few photos of things that caught my eye but nothing major. I did get to see the controversial Luft-1919 delta monoplane that won Gold at Telford. It's a superb piece of scratchbuilt work in its own right.

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on January 22, 2024, 02:44:05 PMWeaver is a bad influence  ;)  He persuaded me to buy an Airfix SRN-1 hovercraft. At the very least I will have it in the stash  :thumbsup:

All I did was buy one, tell you where I'd seen another, then tell you where I'd seen two more when it turned out that one had gone.
The hand that reached into your wallet and pulled the note out was all yours... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :angel:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on January 22, 2024, 03:01:56 PMAll I did was buy one, tell you where I'd seen another, then tell you where I'd seen two more when it turned out that one had gone.
The hand that reached into your wallet and pulled the note out was all yours... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :angel:

I did something vaguely similar at Telford, except I didn't fork out anything, simply took him along and showed him something  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

My dad sent me a link to this vidio of the show. If you have a few hours to kill you get to see prity much every thing on display.
For just the What if and Project cancelled stands jump to 59:30 for those in a hurry  :wacko:

Unfortunately,

The Wooksta!

I demand to be pixelated!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 27, 2024, 03:25:00 PMI demand to be pixelated!

Be careful what you ask for.

You have watched TRON haven't you?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on January 28, 2024, 03:21:39 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 27, 2024, 03:25:00 PMI demand to be pixelated!

Gondor
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Unfortunately,

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on January 28, 2024, 03:21:39 AM

Gondor

Indeed - how are you going to handle Spitfire control sticks with pixelated fingers?

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Thorvic on January 20, 2024, 02:45:20 AMParking arrangement, it's the same as last year where you will have to enter your registration plate into the tablets that will be provided on the day there will be QR codes around the venue to scan to register"

Totally forgot about this and just got a fine through for £60.

Have to say, I never saw these tablets at any point. Were they there and I just didn't notice them, or did something go wrong and if so, is it worth appealing?

- Indiana Jones

Nick

Quote from: Weaver on January 29, 2024, 06:04:31 AM
Quote from: Thorvic on January 20, 2024, 02:45:20 AMParking arrangement, it's the same as last year where you will have to enter your registration plate into the tablets that will be provided on the day there will be QR codes around the venue to scan to register"

Have to say, I never saw these tablets at any point. Were they there and I just didn't notice them, or did something go wrong and if so, is it worth appealing?

The tablets were on the counter at the public entrance. I saw at least 2 on one side when I did mine. There was an A4 notice on every table including ours... but Martin put the tablecloth over it!

Martin H

Quote from: Weaver on January 29, 2024, 06:04:31 AM

OH hell! Seems to be the show that keeps giving....or should that be taking?
Unfortunately,