My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Quote from: Beermonster58 on July 21, 2024, 01:23:15 AMNot a bad idea actually. Mikro Mir does a decent Beverly  in 1/144. Think I might need to acquire a couple.  ;)  ;D  :thumbsup:

Yes, and it's just begging to have a planing hull on the underside.  ;D  :wacko:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jcf

Speaking of the Chinook, Boeing-Vertol BV-160 tilt-rotor.  ;DYou cannot view this attachment.

Wardukw

Had a pretty good night lass night ..scored a couple of sizable kitsets...these  ;D

I Love Kit 1:35 M1014 w/m747 Semi Trailer
Takom 1/35 Krupp 420mm Big Bertha..which I'm gonna make bigger  :wacko:
Well the gun anyway  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Received today from Hobby Easy

1 x 1/35 AFV Club AF35308 Centurion Mk.1 British Main Battle Tank.

Got for roughly 8 to 10 Pounds Sterling cheaper than from within the UK including Postage

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Wardukw on July 23, 2024, 10:22:03 AMHad a pretty good night lass night ..scored a couple of sizable kitsets...these  ;D

Well the gun anyway  ;D
As opposed to the bad night lass?
:wacko:

The Rat

Quote from: jcf on July 23, 2024, 03:59:28 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 23, 2024, 10:22:03 AMHad a pretty good night lass night ..scored a couple of sizable kitsets...these  ;D

Well the gun anyway  ;D

;D  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on July 23, 2024, 03:59:28 PM

Well the gun anyway  ;D
Smart arse 😄😄😄
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on July 23, 2024, 10:22:03 AMTakom 1/35 Krupp 420mm Big Bertha..which I'm gonna make bigger  :wacko:
Well the gun anyway  ;D

Just say it's 1/48 or 1/72 and pose it with suitable figures ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

An envelope from the Big H dropped through the letter box yesterday (Tuesday) various assorted canopy masks and a couple of Yahu instrument panels. Only ordered on Sunday, so can't complain.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 24, 2024, 05:31:46 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 23, 2024, 10:22:03 AMTakom 1/35 Krupp 420mm Big Bertha..which I'm gonna make bigger  :wacko:
Well the gun anyway  ;D

Just say it's 1/48 or 1/72 and pose it with suitable figures ?  ;D

You're a devious genius!  ;D

Charlie_c67

Managed to win a Matchbox 1/72 Helldiver/Cleveland on evilbay. Have to say, the Matchbox solution for the fuselage struts on their biplanes has yet to be better IMO.
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Wardukw

After a visit yesterday at my FLHS I came away with a can of Tamiya's TS-47 Chrome Yellow.
A Tamiya 400 grit foam sanding pad..love these and two already badly built pickup trucks .
Both are 24th/25th scale and no ideas about the brands either..ones a Ford Bronco and the other is a K5 Chev Blazer  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on July 24, 2024, 03:47:43 PMManaged to win a Matchbox 1/72 Helldiver/Cleveland on evilbay. Have to say, the Matchbox solution for the fuselage struts on their biplanes has yet to be better IMO.

I must admit it did make life easier  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

On their way to me are more detail sets than any sane person would either want or need;

1 x Tamiya 1/48 Fairey Swordfish Bracing Wire Set [1 Photo-etched sheet] (TM 61069)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 Martin B-26 Marauder Landing Gear for ICM kits (SAC-48454)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1/AS.4 Landing Gear for Airfix kits (SAC-48455)
1 x CMK 1/48 Australian Beaufighter Mk.21 Hedgehog Flame Damper Exhausts/Aussie Type (CMK-Q48387)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 F-105 Landing Gear for Hobby Boss kits [white metal] (SAC-48129)
2 x Aires 1/48 F-105D Thunderchief Wheel Bay for HobbyBoss kit (AIR 4380)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 North American B-25J Mitchell Landing Gear for HK Models (SAC-48439)
1 x Eduard 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Engines for HK Model kits (ED 648870)
1 x Eduard 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Bombsight for HK Model kits (ED 648871)
1 x QuickBoost 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Cowlings for HK Model kits (QB49051)
1 x QuickBoost 1/48 B-25J Mitchell Propellers for HK Model kits (QB49048)

Lucky I'm not sane, hey. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

A large box arrived from Hobby Link Japan courtesy of the low value of the yen.

1/25 Aoshima Enkei Dish wheels 15".  These are five slot mag wheels.  My favourite wheels for rods and street machines.  Nice big fat tyres are included.  Upon seeing them in the flesh I immediately went back and bought more.
1/72 Hasegawa Nakajima B5N2.
1/72 Hasegawa SH-60B Seahawk.  Will probably get a RAN paint job, but not a RW one.
1/72 Hasegawa Europe Aircraft Weapon Set.
1/12 Aoshima Kawasaki KZ1000 Custom.  I used to knock about with a bloke who had one of these.  I lusted after it big time.  This will be built as I remember it.
1/25 Hasegawa Toyota GT2000 Super Detail.  This is awesome.  A full detail (normally they are kerbside) kit which contains a secondary box labelled Detail Parts.  Inside that are resin engine bay panels, PE, 3D printed bonnet underside, and a white metal engine.  Mmmmmm, it was very hard to put this away and not tear into it.

I think i hit HLJ at the right time as the yen is improving slightly.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..