My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

While at a FLYING model show today, and it was superb weather for it too, I picked up a Ventura Spitfire PR XIX kit, looking almost new.

For £5!!!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

The "Airfix" 250 GTO is a rebox of the Gunze Sangyo High-Tech kit that was originally released
in 1985.

The Fujimi kit was first released in 2008 and is evidently better than the preceding kits in 1/24th scale. It's also very detailed.

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 27, 2024, 10:05:50 AMWhile at a FLYING model show today, and it was superb weather for it too, I picked up a Ventura Spitfire PR XIX kit, looking almost new.

For £5!!!  :o

Nice! I have one of those buried somewhere in the stash. It's not looking to be built in any near future though, but one never knows!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on July 27, 2024, 10:55:10 AMThe "Airfix" 250 GTO is a rebox of the Gunze Sangyo High-Tech kit that was originally released
in 1985.

The Fujimi kit was first released in 2008 and is evidently better than the preceding kits in 1/24th scale. It's also very detailed.
Very true Jon ...anything Gunze these days has a hefty price tag here even if it's a rerelease.
I've seen some of Gunzes 35th scale artillery models going for scary money .
This kit is very nice but to hard to work with for the evilness I have in store for this car .
The Italeri kit is in the right ball park for nastiness..the Fujimi is to nice to mutate oh and mutilate..ish  ;D  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on July 28, 2024, 02:28:10 AMNice! I have one of those buried somewhere in the stash. It's not looking to be built in any near future though, but one never knows!

It certainly is nice, one of the best Griffon engined Spitfire kits I've ever come across. OK, it's a fair amount of work to build it properly, but the shape is very accurate and the panel lines are virtually perfect.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It's a great deal of clean up work and the plastic is horrible to work with as it's very hard.  The white metal is good though and the canopies (Falcon) are beautifully clear.  I did it 30+ years ago and really enjoyed it.  There's quite a few tucked away.  All the Ventura Spitfires and Seafires are lovely kits and all are cross kitable ie mk 9 wings on the 14 to do a 14c.

If I remember, I'll cast some cockpit bits for it at the weekend to add to the growing box of bits.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I've got a few of them already, but for some reason never managed to find a PRXIX. Nice to have it at last.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

One of the few Spitfire/Seafire conversions I've yet to see is the Aeroclub Seafire XV conversion.

Pretty sure I have all the Spitfires and Seafires that Ventura released, several acquired very cheap as most modellers find them very hard work and despite their accuracy there are easier kits to build released since.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Just had delivered a Scalextric Capri 3, so that'll make the road car conversion a lot easier than trying to reconfigure the Sideways Racer Group 3 body I have.

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 30, 2024, 11:06:04 PMJust had delivered a Scalextric Capri 3, so that'll make the road car conversion a lot easier than trying to reconfigure the Sideways Racer Group 3 body I have.

A decent looking Capri, not that new thing that Ford have just launched, which it should be, launched that is!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Arrived today, Special hobby 2/72nd scale External armament for SMB-2 and other IAF planes. This set will be used to up grade one or both of my PM mirage 3/5/Dagger/Nesher kits , as they are in dire need of soing something with.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 30, 2024, 11:06:04 PMJust had delivered a Scalextric Capri 3, so that'll make the road car conversion a lot easier than trying to reconfigure the Sideways Racer Group 3 body I have.

Is that the one the decals were for?  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

In my car, waiting to be snuck through the house and into my stash, there is one of these.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2024, 04:08:01 AMIn my car, waiting to be snuck through the house and into my stash, there is one of these.

I would like one if those in 72nd scale, me likey :wub:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2024, 04:08:01 AMIn my car, waiting to be snuck through the house and into my stash, there is one of these.

Best of luck sir  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.