My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 12, 2024, 02:05:00 PMIf that's the Italeri kit in disguise it's pretty good, all sorts of lethal stuff hanging off it!

It is. I have the Xtradecal Chinook decal sheet on backorder and liked the look of the Japanese version with the big fuel tanks, hense buying this version rather than using the new Airfix one I have in the Stash
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Just won a 48th Monogram F-8 Crusader .

Never had a Crusader before and for $27nz how could I resist  ;D

Might hunt down a resin cockpit for it 🤔
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

chrisonord

Today arrived something for my detail/conversion set stash. AML  IAI Kfir RC-2 Tsnuit Meshopar camera nose. Yo be used on a Kfir C-7, but nearly got used on a PM models mirage III. I have exhumed my interest in all things mirage, so the Honduras decals will be coming out again too.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay over a week later than expected

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72384 JA-37 Viggen Fighter. I now have a kit for each of the five original versions so some time there may be a production line.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Arrived this morning from the bay of evil. Heller AMD Mirage 3/5 e/r/etc. Nice looking kit, considering its age, BUT,and its big dissappointing BUT, no weapons, no pylons to put your own weapons on, only fuel tanks that fit in their allocated places, of which there are 3. I am going to have to raid the spares box for this one for sure, although the special hobby accessory set could come in handy for it.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Hannants are having a sale on Reskit bits at the moment, so I got the following (all 1/72nd scale):

3 x sets of F-101A/C Voodoo wheels (to go with my 3 Valom Voodoos)
1 x set Fouga Magister wheels
1 x set F-11 Tiger wheels

Also, while I was thinking about the Voodoos, I got 3 x Montex canopy and wheel mask sets for them.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Procured a set of surplus ModelCollect 1:72 T-80 vinyl tracks via ev!lbay. You never know...

Wardukw

Just scored a Heller 1/35th Flak Gepard on the cheap..having a spear Gepard is never a bad thing 😃
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

From the Big H

Fromm-Azur 1/72 Douglas DB-7 - French service. I'll either do this straight from the box, I'm a sucker for French camouflage  :angel: , or if I Whif it then it will go Dutch, possibly NEIAF, but more likely home based.

You cannot view this attachment.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

One kit i thought i'd never be able to buy, unless some other company made a new kit, was the UH-1Y Venom and, with the only other kit available being the ridiculously expensive 1/72 Dream Model kit, i was decided on waiting for Zimi model to release their kit.
Knowing that KittyHawk were out of business since 2021, and that Zimi model has their kit's molds now, i thought that it would be a matter of time till we saw the KH kits in Zimi model boxes but apparently, they still sell them under the KH brand. Maybe they bought the last kits produced by KH when they bought the molds? :unsure:
Ordered last week at Superhobby for 57€, postage included. Not the cheapest kit but it's just 4€ more than the DM 1/72 kit so, for me, an easy choice. :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

A couple of Vallejo colours; Aggressor Grey and Insignia White.

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 15, 2024, 01:17:58 AMOne kit i thought i'd never be able to buy, unless some other company made a new kit, was the UH-1Y Venom and, with the only other kit available being the ridiculously expensive 1/72 Dream Model kit, i was decided on waiting for Zimi model to release their kit.
Knowing that KittyHawk were out of business since 2021, and that Zimi model has their kit's molds now, i thought that it would be a matter of time till we saw the KH kits in Zimi model boxes but apparently, they still sell them under the KH brand. Maybe they bought the last kits produced by KH when they bought the molds? :unsure:
Ordered last week at Superhobby for 57€, postage included. Not the cheapest kit but it's just 4€ more than the DM 1/72 kit so, for me, an easy choice. :mellow:

I want that chopper Rui...but in 35th  :wacko:  :wacko:  ;)

killnoizer

Another NOS Matchbox Kit  :thumbsup:

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

jcf

Evidently Zimi is just Kittyhawk/Panda etc. renamed. 

DogfighterZen

Quote from: jcf on August 15, 2024, 11:01:58 AMEvidently Zimi is just Kittyhawk/Panda etc. renamed.

Seems like it's the case here, Jon. I don't know if they existed before KH's closing but i would expect them to market the kits under the new brand name.
Anyway, doesn't bother me, i still want a 48th Mirage F-1 and a Gripen...  ;)
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"