My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

According to a Facebook post made last year by a modeller in Hong Kong, Zimi is just the new face of the company that was always behind Panda, Hong Model and others, and did the engineering, mould creation and kit production for Kitty Hawk which, according to him and contrary to the claims that were made, wasn't actually an "independent American company". Evidently it was always actually a part of the larger corporation. Which seems to be common with most, if not all, of the Chinese companies i.e. Trumpeter which is part of a large plastic products corporation.
Unravelling who actually owns what is a complex task, mostly due to China being very opaque when it comes to such things.

Rick Lowe

Once you look beyond all the Byzantine BS and realize that in reality everything is actually owned by the CCP, it all becomes so much clearer.

jcf

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 15, 2024, 05:39:27 PMOnce you look beyond all the Byzantine BS and realize that in reality everything is actually owned by the CCP, it all becomes so much clearer.
Yep, they took a look at Singapore's old "State Capitalism" model and said "Hey, we can do that".
:wacko:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: jcf on August 15, 2024, 06:51:41 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 15, 2024, 05:39:27 PMOnce you look beyond all the Byzantine BS and realize that in reality everything is actually owned by the CCP, it all becomes so much clearer.
Yep, they took a look at Singapore's old "State Capitalism" model and said "Hey, we can do that".
:wacko:
Yup! And we swallow their party line - pun intended.

Nick

Panda Models did a nice B-1B bomber in 1/144 about 20 years ago. Then the firm vanished.
I always suspected it had been subsumed into another firm and the moulds sold on.

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on August 16, 2024, 07:06:30 AMPanda Models did a nice B-1B bomber in 1/144 about 20 years ago. Then the firm vanished.
I always suspected it had been subsumed into another firm and the moulds sold on.

The moulds have been used by Dragon and now Platz
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Arrived today

1 x 1/72 Fantastic Plastic, Vickers-Armstrong 559 Supersonic Interceptor Concept (1955)

1 x 1/72 Revell 03876 MH-47E Chinook. My second buy of this kit. I had not realised before buying the first kit that one of the options was the RAF HC Mk.3 so my plans to build one as a Japanese version were changed to include a second example as the RAF option.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

From SMTF Models in Poynton:

EMHAR 1/72nd F94C Starfire (Early)

Brand new stock, so the EMHARs are on the market again.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

managed to find these online for a decent price  :mellow:

-1/144 Mark1 DH Mosquito Mk.VII "Canadian Mossie"
-1/144 Mark1 DH Mosquito Mk.IV-PR.IV "Swift Warrior"

im definatly building one of these as Khemedi mossie  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on August 21, 2024, 08:32:42 AMFrom SMTF Models in Poynton:

Are they still the only 1/72 Starfires around? I've not seen another one anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 21, 2024, 11:26:36 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 21, 2024, 08:32:42 AMFrom SMTF Models in Poynton:

Are they still the only 1/72 Starfires around? I've not seen another one anyway.

Heller did a 1/72nd F-94B as did Sword.
As far as I know, the Emhar is the only modern F-94C kit. They do two versions, Early and Late, the difference being that the Late one has the wing-mounted rocket pods.
Revell did a 1/56th F-94C back in the day, but it's a horror, with markings moulded into the raised panel lines.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, the late one is the one I meant. sorry. Luckily I have a couple squirrelled away somewhere, along with two of their FJ-4s as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 21, 2024, 01:31:54 PMOh yes, the late one is the one I meant. sorry. Luckily I have a couple squirrelled away somewhere, along with two of their FJ-4s as well.

Yes I used the FJ-4 for my North American Supermarine Sabre by sticking a set of Swift wings on it. It's decnet enough ,if simple, and now I have a set of folding swept wings in the spares box.

- Indiana Jones

Wardukw

I bit the bullet ..temptation got the better of me.
1/48 Trumpeter De Havilland DH.110 Sea Vixen Faw.2 is now mine  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

From Airfix:

Another 1/72nd Lancaster B.III (Special) Dambusters

A combination of their current sale, Airfix Club membership and Hobby Reward Points got this down to £25, which is damned good, considering the RRP is the thick end of £40.

I've got two Lancastrian conversions designed for the Airfix plastic and now, with the one from which I donated the Upkeep to Zenrat's B-17 build, I have an airframe for both.

- Indiana Jones