My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on August 30, 2024, 04:05:36 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 03:14:23 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 30, 2024, 02:23:03 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 01:04:46 AMThe trouble with kit stashes is that by the time you've got so many that you realize you need a list, it's already too much trouble to make a list... :banghead:

My ex was a team leader in admin at the local BIG hospital so I employed her skills in writing the list while I dictated the contents to her. This helped brake the back of the problem. Now and again I keep finding odd descriptions of fully CAPITALIZED words in the list from when she was my data inputter.

Gondor

I suppose voice-to-text software would help if it's good enough now, although It'd better have a learning algorithm or you're going to have endless "Suck Koys", "Ill You Shines", "Dewo Teens" and "Oooh I Forgot I'd Got Thats".

The Video of the Scottish Voice Activated Lift comes to mind.  :rolleyes:

Focke Wulf?   :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Beermonster58 on August 30, 2024, 12:27:32 AMI'm thinking a C-141B might look nice in RAF colours too.

Absolutely!

And I have a 1/72 scale vacform kit of one. Goodness knows where I could put it if I built it though!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on August 30, 2024, 03:27:03 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 01:11:26 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on August 30, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 12:52:19 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on August 29, 2024, 03:20:32 AMJust arrived 10 minutes ago my much anticipated Special hobby mirage iii CJ. Typical special hobby attention to detail, and quality. It has 3 pairs of intake splitters included which will be very handy for detailing the other 2 PM mirage/Neshers, when I get round to carving them up. :wacko:

Three? I know of two variations, straight (earlier ATAR09C engine) and filleted where they meet the "souris" centrebodies (ATAR9K-50). What's the third?
I don't know what engine they could be for to be honest, there might be info in the instructions, but I do know one set has a red cross through it on the sprue diagram. I want some more of these making or acquiring, as I have plans for more of them too.

Hmm, okay, just curious.

That difference I described is the the only reliable way to distinguish a Mirage 50 from a Mirage IIIE/5 by the way. People talk about fin fillets and doppler bumps under the nose, but those were all entirely dependent on the customer-specified avionics fit so any combination is possible.
Had a look in the instructions and it diesn't even say what the optional ones are for(version wise). I might have a go at scratch building some, if I can't get any made, if I have some right thickness styrene card, and suitable pointy bits, I should be able to make some.

Could be they use a common sprue for many difference boxings. If it's a IIICJ (short fuselage), then I presume it's Israeli? In that case, only the straight splitters are relevent anyway: AFAIK, 50s were only ever based on the longer IIIE/5 fuselage.

Actually, there's a thought: it might be that the IIIC straight splitter is different in some subtle way to the IIIE straight splitter. That would explain why there are three option: IIIC, IIIE/5 and 50.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on August 30, 2024, 04:06:47 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 30, 2024, 04:05:36 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 03:14:23 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 30, 2024, 02:23:03 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 01:04:46 AMThe trouble with kit stashes is that by the time you've got so many that you realize you need a list, it's already too much trouble to make a list... :banghead:

My ex was a team leader in admin at the local BIG hospital so I employed her skills in writing the list while I dictated the contents to her. This helped brake the back of the problem. Now and again I keep finding odd descriptions of fully CAPITALIZED words in the list from when she was my data inputter.

Gondor

I suppose voice-to-text software would help if it's good enough now, although It'd better have a learning algorithm or you're going to have endless "Suck Koys", "Ill You Shines", "Dewo Teens" and "Oooh I Forgot I'd Got Thats".

The Video of the Scottish Voice Activated Lift comes to mind.  :rolleyes:

Focke Wulf?   :mellow:

It might make something of that which would get the RSPCA involved... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

An Academy/Minicraft 1:144 Boeing 737-400.

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 04:11:19 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on August 29, 2024, 03:20:32 AMJust arrived 10 minutes ago my much anticipated Special hobby mirage iii CJ. Typical special hobby attention to detail, and quality. It has 3 pairs of intake splitters included which will be very handy for detailing the other 2 PM mirage/Neshers, when I get round to carving them up. :wacko:

Three? I know of two variations, straight (earlier ATAR09C engine) and filleted where they meet the "souris" centrebodies (ATAR9K-50). What's the third?
I don't know what engine they could be for to be honest, there might be info in the instructions, but I do know one set has a red cross through it on the sprue diagram. I want some more of these making or acquiring, as I have plans for more of them too.

Hmm, okay, just curious.

That difference I described is the the only reliable way to distinguish a Mirage 50 from a Mirage IIIE/5 by the way. People talk about fin fillets and doppler bumps under the nose, but those were all entirely dependent on the customer-specified avionics fit so any combination is possible.
Had a look in the instructions and it diesn't even say what the optional ones are for(version wise). I might have a go at scratch building some, if I can't get any made, if I have some right thickness styrene card, and suitable pointy bits, I should be able to make some.

Could be they use a common sprue for many difference boxings. If it's a IIICJ (short fuselage), then I presume it's Israeli? In that case, only the straight splitters are relevent anyway: AFAIK, 50s were only ever based on the longer IIIE/5 fuselage.

Actually, there's a thought: it might be that the IIIC straight splitter is different in some subtle way to the IIIE straight splitter. That would explain why there are three option: IIIC, IIIE/5 and 50.
Hopefully it is a teaser of things to come from Special Hobby. More Mirage variants. I hope they do an Enaer 50 DCM Pantera, its would be a lot easier to build than the HPM one.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 27, 2024, 11:40:25 AMAlso waiting for an earlier order from the same place to be delivered this week, this one containing a pair of Reskit GE F414 nozzles for the Meng 1/48 Super Hornet, Kelik 1/72 F-4S Phantom II 3D cockpit set for Hasegawa kits, PJ Productions 1/72 US Vietnam era helicopter crew and a Tamiya XF-58 Olive Drab 23ml pot.

Delivered today... :mellow:

You cannot view this attachment.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on August 30, 2024, 07:17:45 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2024, 04:11:19 AM

Hmm, okay, just curious.

Hopefully it is a teaser of things to come from Special Hobby. More Mirage variants. I hope they do an Enaer 50 DCM Pantera, its would be a lot easier to build than the HPM one.

I believe that =Kits&fkTYPENAME[]=%22Full%20kits%22&fkCOMPNAME[]=%22Special%20Hobby%22]Special Hobby will be releasing a few more kits based on the same moulds.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Arrived at 19:50 today and ordered early yesterday morning from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Modelsvit 72059 Su-22M4. I have been wanting a decent kit of this aircraft for years, ever since I saw a magazine article on the aircraft that the Polish Air Force flew.

2 x 1/72 SBS Model 72011 Spitfire Exhaust (round) late mark versions: Mk. 21, 22, 24, 45, 46, 47 for Special Hobby Kits. I plan to use them with the MB.5 kits I am building.

1 x 1/72 Quickboost QB 72 466 BAe Hawk Mk. 1 Correct Air Intakes

2 x 1/72 Quickboost QB 72 454 EE Lightning Air Intakes.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 30, 2024, 04:09:47 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on August 30, 2024, 12:27:32 AMI'm thinking a C-141B might look nice in RAF colours too.

Absolutely!

And I have a 1/72 scale vacform kit of one. Goodness knows where I could put it if I built it though!  :o

If you want something smaller and more 'shelfable' (Is that a word? IT IS NOW! :wacko: ) I'll put in a good word for the Dragon 1/200th model.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

Quote from: chrisonord on August 30, 2024, 07:17:45 AMHopefully it is a teaser of things to come from Special Hobby. More Mirage variants. I hope they do an Enaer 50 DCM Pantera, its would be a lot easier to build than the HPM one.

The Cheetah C/D and Kfir C.10 would also be nice in 1/72... Mirage 5 BA/M-5M Elkan... No more PJ productions for the foreseeable future,  and would also be nice to have a more modern tooling of these.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 30, 2024, 12:30:32 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on August 30, 2024, 07:17:45 AMHopefully it is a teaser of things to come from Special Hobby. More Mirage variants. I hope they do an Enaer 50 DCM Pantera, its would be a lot easier to build than the HPM one.

The Cheetah C/D and Kfir C.10 would also be nice in 1/72... Mirage 5 BA/M-5M Elkan... No more PJ productions for the foreseeable future,  and would also be nice to have a more modern tooling of these.

Scale Modelworkx do a Kfir C.10 conversion, I have a couple of them. Here is what =Kits&q=Dassault%20Mirage%20III%201%3A72&fkTYPENAME[]=%22Detail%20and%20Conversion%20sets%22]Scalemates says has been produced as conversions and upgrades for the Mirage III. Some of them are OOP so not everything will be available, more's the pity.

Gondor

chrisonord

Some more new tool mirage iii variants would be brilliant, especially the ones operated by South Americal air forces and the Cheetahs of South Africa, as there were a few different ones of those. I am unpatiently waiting for Modelsvit to release the Mirage G8, of which I want to build as an operational aircraft in Honduras service.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on August 30, 2024, 12:48:25 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 30, 2024, 12:30:32 PM

Scale Modelworkx do a Kfir C.10 conversion, I have a couple of them. Here is what =Kits&q=Dassault%20Mirage%20III%201%3A72&fkTYPENAME[]=%22Detail%20and%20Conversion%20sets%22]Scalemates says has been produced as conversions and upgrades for the Mirage III. Some of them are OOP so not everything will be available, more's the pity.

Gondor

Scaleworkx apparently closed last year so, that's a dead end now. Their stuff seemed good but it was too expensive for me when adding customs fees and shipping.
I think we need more than the very hard to find AMK kit for the Kfir so if someone did a new kit, the C.10 would be simple to do. new windscreen, nose and instrument panel. Could do with the Python and Derby missiles and modern pods and bombs, of course. ;)
Depending on the kit's engineering, the Cheetah C would need a different fuselage. IIRC, they were built from Mirage III airframes so the engine exhaust area is different, and the Cheetah C also has an extended fuselage just aft of the canopy.
Modelsvit announced a 72nd Cheetah in 2020 but nothing out yet... :banghead:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: chrisonord on August 30, 2024, 01:10:59 PMI am unpatiently waiting for Modelsvit to release the Mirage G8...

Makes two of us waiting... :rolleyes: