My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Just scored another Conqueror to add to the stash.
Now adding a 35th Amusing Hobby  Super Conqueror 👌
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

The
Quote from: chrisonord on October 15, 2024, 12:51:05 AM
Quote from: Thorvic on October 14, 2024, 03:36:39 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on October 14, 2024, 04:39:36 AMJust arrived, yet more phantomery. Hasegawa F-4F, nice looking kit, but as usual with Hasegawa, stingy with the payload options. Four flush fit Sparrows and five fuel tanks. You would have thought that they would have at lrast included the twin rails for the sidewinders. The 2 smaller tanks favour napalm tanks more than fuel tanks for some reason, as they are tiny for drop tanks. Decals are for Germany, and that's it.

Didnt the F4F only carry winders, post cold war they were refitted and converted to carry AMRAAM, but have a feeling they were not fitted yo operate Sparrow. The twin racks are in the Air to Air weapons set that, most Hasegawa kits from that period onlyprovided tanks (think their retooled F14 tomcat started that trend)
The kit only has 4 sparrows in it Geoff, and 3/5 fuel tanks. Mine when built, will carry aim 120's instead of the aim-7's, as part of it upgrade package.

The Luftwaffe Phantoms originally only carried Sidewinders under the wings, the Sparrow never was part of the German inventory. IIRC the Phantoms were eventually upgraded (the "ICE" program, introduced with the Norm90 scheme) to carry and deploy AMRAAMs, but I am not certain if they were EVER carried operationally!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2024, 12:58:26 AMJust scored another Conqueror to add to the stash.

Preparing for the Kiwi invasion of Aus, mate? :unsure:  ;)  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on October 14, 2024, 02:19:31 PMAh, so your kit is like THIS when I thought it was more like THIS which is the version I am more familiar with.

Gondor

The number of Phantoms Hasegawa have released is mind boggling.  I wonder if anyone has collected them all?

Another 1/35 tank arrived today.  This one was 50% off from BNA, had multiple turrets, and so was irresistible.

20241015_174550 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Also some 1/35 brass 50 cal barrels for the Staghound.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 15, 2024, 02:10:06 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2024, 12:58:26 AMJust scored another Conqueror to add to the stash.

Now there's an idea for a GB.  That's going on the list.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Always fancied those multi-turreted AFV's from all nations  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Hmmm maybe 🤔 😕 😅
I love me big tanks ...these monsters were so expensive when first released I thought I'd never have one let alone 4 which I've now got  :wacko:
Considering I technically got all 4 now for slightly less than $220 mate I'm chuffed 😀
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Had a decent money-off voucher for Hobbycraft (£5 off a £15 buy), so now I don't have a voucher and instead I have these:

Academy 1/72nd Light Vehicles of Allied & Axis during WWII (i.e. a Jeep, a Kubelwagen, a Kettenkrad & various oil drums, jerry cans etc..)
Revell 1/72nd Focke Wulf Ta 152 H

Got the Academy set mainly because I have a use for the Kettenkrad, but who doesn't need a Jeep and a Kubelwagen, right?

Got the Ta 152 H mainly to make up the buy to £15, but now I look at it, it occurs to me to turboprop it using the same technique I used on the RV-141NG (i.e. a Meteor air intake) and make it a post-war high aaltitude research aircraft.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 15, 2024, 02:35:37 AM

Now there's an idea for a GB.  That's going on the list.

Hahaha..I like it  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Dude great score on the SMK ..a very cool kit..next you'll need a T-28 and a T-35 is it's more turrets you want 😀

On my score list today Gentlmens I now a already built 48th Buccaneer..what brand ?? no idea but I'm thinking Airfix as the moulding for the landing gear is pretty crap ..its been quite nicely made too..so tomorrow I'll strip it 😜
Also acquired today is 2 cars ..both in 24th scale..a Revell Jaguar XK-120 and a Protar Mercedes-Benz RW 196 F1 of 1954/1955 world champion Juan Manuel Fangio which is missing one trye .
For 20 notes for both car how could I resist and I've never had either 😅
I wonder if a twin turbo LSX will fit in a XK-120 🤔🤔

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on October 15, 2024, 01:47:51 PMGot the Academy set mainly because I have a use for the Kettenkrad, but who doesn't need a Jep and a Kubelwagen, right?

Can't go wrong with a Jeep, more uses than you can poke a twiggy stick at, & the Kubelwagen could be almost as ubiquitous given the right backstory. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Not really a stash increase, but to go with my 2 TSR2's. Two sets of metal replacement landing gears from the big H., and 3 F-4 IFR probes, from the same place.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

From the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72128 Supermarine Spitfire F.22. Bought for other uses of course.

Also received today

1 x Music Stand

It's not exactly what I expected as the leg at the rear is actually a support, not a connection rod as I first thought.

So after a short think, roughly five seconds, I decided to use it as is.

A little moving of things around on the desk should finalise things but it will hold the instructions upright.

A view from the end so you can see it's third leg.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2024, 09:08:09 PM..next you'll need a T-28 and a T-35 is it's more turrets you want 😀

I've already got a T-35.  I'd like a T-28 but I can wait for a cheap one to come along.
Fred

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on Today at 03:20:24 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2024, 09:08:09 PM..next you'll need a T-28 and a T-35 is it's more turrets you want 😀

I've already got a T-35.  I'd like a T-28 but I can wait for a cheap one to come along.
The Hobbyboss T-28 is a good kit and not expensive compared to the Trumpeter one .
BNA have it for like $46 aus ..the Nile store for $58 aus ...here it's $89nz  :banghead:

sandiego89

I might be busy for a while, you would not believe what followed me home from a pre-estate sale.....

$100 for the lot, I could have haggled more, but wanted to help the family- I actually pointed a few out (huge stash, most not my scale/interest) that they needed to do a bit more research on, like the still sealed Phantom Mustang.   All look complete but the boxed are crushed and decals likely shot. 

ah yes, it does have the three-color molds.....

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA