My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 23, 2024, 06:19:53 AMActually arrived yesterday, but I was busy setting the GB Poll up.

You cannot view this attachment.

It's MASSIVE  :o

Not surprising really, considering that the Gannet is MASSIVE. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 23, 2024, 06:19:53 AMI bought it with my refunded train fare from the other week and Airfix also included a 2024 Catalogue because I'd spent over £x. Forgot how much fun those catalogues can be. Always used to get them, but haven't had one for decades.

You'd have blown a wad on one quite unnecessarily in December had I not persuaded you to get a Sea Fury!

You're welcome  ;)  ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 23, 2024, 06:19:53 AMActually arrived yesterday, but I was busy setting the GB Poll up.

You cannot view this attachment.

It's MASSIVE  :o

I bought it with my refunded train fare from the other week and Airfix also included a 2024 Catalogue because I'd spent over £x. Forgot how much fun those catalogues can be. Always used to get them, but haven't had one for decades.

That 'll keep you going for a few months!!

Wardukw

Went to my mate Perrins place to do some work on his Hilux Surf 4x4 ..his place about 120ks from me ..a nice drive with a boot full of tools .
Now once most of the work was done ..easy stuff..sway bar links and bushes..steering idler arm and a leaking exhaust manifold.
Couldn't finish it cause the quote he got said it was the main gasket..it wasnt  :banghead:
Have to wait till next week to get the right gasket but it's what I came home with which matters most  ;D

I got given this lot .

1/72nd Italeri MH-47 E SOA Chinook .
1/72nd Revell RAH-66 Comanche
1/72nd Dream Model PLA Army Z-9 ..a pure rip off of the French Dolphin helicopter...but a beautiful little kit .
1/48th Hasegawa Aircraft weapons set E ..missiles and bombs...ive got this already but more is better  ;D
But the icing on this pile is this ...
1/35th Border models Panzer IV Ausf J Last ...extremely yummy is a massive understatement..2 set of tracks..link and lenght and fully workable  ..super crispy molding too ..this i think will be a very nice build . ;D  :thumbsup:

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw on February 23, 2024, 10:19:22 AM1/72nd Dream Model PLA Army Z-9 ..a pure rip off of the French Dolphin helicopter...but a beautiful little kit .

Actually, its produced under licence so it's not a rip-off.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

My stash of Luft 46 resin add ons grew again this morning, as a pair of Porsche expendable 109-05 turbo jets came through the door from Lonewulf.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Bought a Heller 1:72 Somua S-35 tank, with the vague plan to provide it with a bigger gun (as an infantry support vehicle) in a different/bigger turret.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 24, 2024, 03:47:09 AMBought a Heller 1:72 Somua S-35 tank, with the vague plan to provide it with a bigger gun (as an infantry support vehicle) in a different/bigger turret.

I like that idea  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on February 23, 2024, 08:58:13 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 23, 2024, 06:19:53 AMI bought it with my refunded train fare from the other week and Airfix also included a 2024 Catalogue because I'd spent over £x. Forgot how much fun those catalogues can be. Always used to get them, but haven't had one for decades.

You'd have blown a wad on one quite unnecessarily in December had I not persuaded you to get a Sea Fury!

You're welcome  ;)  ;D

I shall buy you a cup of tea/coffee at the March show  ;)

I had a good look at it yesterday and whilst there are a lot of construction stages (as is Airfix's way of showing things  :thumbsup: ) it doesn't look overly complicated. I'm sorely tempted to make a start, but how often have I said/typed that ? :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I forgot to mention that I'd ordered these but they arrived yesterday the day before yesterday, now (Friday).

1 x Academy 1/35 Polish Land Forces K2GF (AC13560) - the only K2 I could find at this point in time, I'm thinking either Australian Army or Ukrainian
1 x Hasegawa 1/48 J35O Draken Austrian Special (H07519) - will end up RAAF, along with my Viggen
1 x Academy 1/48 Tomahawk IIB "Ace of African Front" Limited Edition (AC12235) - will probably be done RW as the kit supplied markings for Clive Caldwell's aircraft

The K2 looks fairly good, but the K2 isn't a tank I'm overly familiar with so it could be a POS,

The Draken looks pretty good in the box but no weapons (which leads to Options! :wacko: ).

The P-40 is OK, but I've already noticed that I'm going to have to drill out the exhaust stubs, & probably the holes for the wing guns, too.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Spey_Phantom

arrived today:

-1/144 Mini Hobby Models F-111 Aardvark (one destined to become an RAF F-111K)
-1/144 4D Models Tupolev Tu-22M3 Backfire
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

killnoizer

I have found a Tupolev Tu 95 in 1:144 ,  and I think those mighty wings would even fit on another scale fuselage ....

And from another friend two 1:35 MINI ART Truck kits who are very good with detailed engine and frame parts for another deep modification !   
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

McColm

Two impulse buys on eBay.
Dinky Tonka Morris 1800
Mini Mite Lucky Hong Kong, Two racing cars. One looks like an early formula one car the other well I don't know what it is could be a BRM as it has a lot of pipework at the back.
It's the Lotus 30.

chrisonord

With gratitude to Weaver by cashing in my surplus flying hours, and procuring an FG.1/FGR.2 phantom, and Buccaneer S.2B, both in 1/72nd scale. Very nice. Also he found me a pair of Tamiya 1/100th scale lightings for much cheapness, of which will become engines for another supersonic future project. Cheers Harold :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on February 26, 2024, 10:50:08 PMMini Mite Lucky Hong Kong, Two racing cars. One looks like an early formula one car the other well I don't know what it is could be a BRM as it has a lot of pipework at the back.
It's the Lotus 30.

The Lotus 30 was a VERY low open sports car, but if it has a lot of exhaust pipework in top of the rear body it's more than likely a Lotus 40.

It's often said that a 40 was a 30 with 10 more faults..............  ;D

To add further complication, a number of 30s have been re-engined with style exhausts.  :banghead:

Lotus 30

Lotus 40
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit