My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikoLee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 16, 2024, 07:03:46 AMMaybe it wouldn't stay attached at that sort of speed?  ;D

Ha! maybe some 'what if' high speed paint is needed!

Quote from: Gondor on March 16, 2024, 07:20:04 AMToo early for the colour scheme

Gondor

Noooooo, there was raspberry ripple in the early eighties the T5 retired in 1987

Miko

Gondor

Quote from: MikoLee on March 16, 2024, 08:19:07 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 16, 2024, 07:20:04 AMToo early for the colour scheme

Gondor

Noooooo, there was raspberry ripple in the early eighties the T5 retired in 1987

Miko

OK, I was thinking of when the Lightning was first with them in the 60's.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Just collected my Miniart 1/35 Chev 1.5 ton Panel Van.
Looks lovely in the box and hopefully will go together nicely.

The big selling point, other than 'Because it's Cool!', is that there are 2 sets of side engine compartment parts - one for the plastic grille and one for the PE; and this means the conversion I plan of the GMC 2.5 ton truck into a Chev 1.5 tonner is a whole lot easier, all of a sudden!
(and yes, there is a Chev 1.5 ton truck available now, but I already had the GMC sitting waiting...)

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 16, 2024, 07:06:26 PMJust collected my Miniart 1/35 Chev 1.5 ton Panel Van.

The big selling point, other than 'Because it's Cool!', is that there are 2 sets of side engine compartment parts - one for the plastic grille and one for the PE; and this means the conversion I plan of the GMC 2.5 ton truck into a Chev 1.5 tonner is a whole lot easier, all of a sudden!
(and yes, there is a Chev 1.5 ton truck available now, but I already had the GMC sitting waiting...)

Ooh I like that.  I wasn't aware of them.  I might have to get one.  It'll look good with big modern military truck wheels on it.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

from the WMMS Aldersly show
a 29mm Boltz MDF Tori Gate, ( cos i needs another i do`s)
a pair of packs of Crooked Dice "Not stingray " crew / marines and the experimental submarine to go with them
14 pots of Cote Du Arms paint to replace the old GW ones that have gone off over the last 3 decades
2 28mm 1900ish Naval Gatling guns on pedestal mounts and a carriage mounted one

and a second had copy of the early 80 Runequest that also contains a number of figures that i need to look through and decide on their fate.

good for me  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on March 17, 2024, 05:33:12 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 16, 2024, 07:06:26 PMJust collected my Miniart 1/35 Chev 1.5 ton Panel Van.

Ooh I like that.  I wasn't aware of them.  I might have to get one.  It'll look good with big modern military truck wheels on it.
 :thumbsup:

Glad to help...  :thumbsup:
Have a look at the size of the wheels some of the off-roaders put onto the Volvo Sugga... real rock-crawling stuff!
Now all we need is a 1/35 Sugga...

killnoizer

Today i received a 1:48 Me 109 from Revell and some great old STARFIX  Phantom and Mirage III kits  :thumbsup:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

kerick

STARFIX? Isn't that pretty much a whiff in a box?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Received today

1 x 1/350 Atlantic Models ATK35015 H.M.S. Andromeda Leander Class Frigate (Sea Wolf). Bought as no conversion kit is available for the 1/600 Airfix kit to this standard so there is no option other than to buy a 1/350 kit and scale it down  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

It happened again guys ..control and temptation got the better of me and it might just have been a bloody good thing to.
I'm not going to list everything right now ..to much to list and it 9:14pm here and I've just got home.

I picked up among other things..alot of other things  :o  my 32nd SU-27 and when going thru the box I also found 32nd scale F-4 Phantom parts..quite a few parts in fact ..I have completely gone thru it but ill keep you chaps well informed 👍  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

How big is a 1/32 Su27?

Temptation also got the better of me, but on a smaller scale.

From Mako Models International on evil-bay;

Lavotchkin La-5F by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 20, 2024, 03:02:31 AMHow big is a 1/32 Su27?

gromadnyy

According to Google Translate anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on March 20, 2024, 03:02:31 AMHow big is a 1/32 Su27?

That's something I wondered when a friend told me he had bought a 1:48 B-1B a while ago...  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on March 20, 2024, 01:15:26 AMmy 32nd SU-27 a

I thought you'd just bought your 32nd copy of the SU-27  :banghead: 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.