My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Wheels are too thin, what purports to be internal wing structure is from a Ju 388. The radios are German and in the wrong place.  No cooling fans on the engines and the fit is poor, but still vastly better than the Magna kit.  And the decals are dreadful.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 28, 2024, 01:32:55 PMWheels are too thin, what purports to be internal wing structure is from a Ju 388. The radios are German and in the wrong place.  No cooling fans on the engines and the fit is poor, but still vastly better than the Magna kit.  And the decals are dreadful.

And far easier to build than a vac-formed kit. It's also a typical small production kit with no locating pins.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I'll add some resin wheels to the growing bits pile for you.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 28, 2024, 02:35:48 PMI'll add some resin wheels to the growing bits pile for you.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Charlie_c67

Be interesting to see if the new 1/144 version has the same issues as it's bigger sibling...
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Old Wombat

Picked up from the Post Office yesterday:

From BNA;

1 x ET Models 1/35 LVT Water Buffalo Amphibious Vehicle, Tracked Workable Track for AFV CLUB Kit (ET P35-028) - extremely well detailed 3D printed parts, I'll get a couple more sets when they become available.
2 x Gecko Models 1/35 WWII British Landing Craft Assault [LCA] (GEC-35GM0080) - Royal Australian Marines, for the use of.
1 x Gecko Models 1/35 US Army Heavy Type II [M400T] Pallet Forklift (GEC-35GM0030) - useful & may be able to be modified to fit a historical build.
2 x Gecko Models 1/35 Allied Casualties On Stretchers [WWII] (GEC-35GM0049) - can be viewed as either "casualties" or as "people sleeping on stretchers", very useful, again, I'll probably buy more.

From Metro Hobbies;

1 x Airfix Models 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1/AS.4 (11007) - Chris ain't wrong, the box is HUGE!!! :o But is, also, packed full of styrene! :thumbsup: - It's entered my Virtual Styrene RAN FAA Museum Collection ('Display", eventually).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Received today from Aerocraft

1 x 1/72 Olympus 301 engine intake upgrade for the Airfix Vulcan. Basically, because I lost some of the parts and made a mess of painting the intake  :banghead:

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Received from a Very Nice Man on the Coromandel Peninsula a couple of 1/35 Sherman bits, which will complete the partial kits I had in the spares box, for a couple of Real World builds. 
 :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Now I just need the transfers for them, but they are available and on the shopping list.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 29, 2024, 08:02:02 AM1 x Airfix Models 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1/AS.4 (11007) - Chris ain't wrong, the box is HUGE!!! :o But is, also, packed full of styrene! :thumbsup: -

And everyone thought I was exaggerating  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

From Hannants

1 x 1/72 Airwaves AEC72222 Royal Navy Lynx Mk.8
1 x 1/72 Airwaves AEC72165 Westland Scout/Wasp
1 x 1/72 Airwaves AEC72154 F-82G Twin Mustang
2 x 1/72 Airwaves AEC72053 F-8E/RF-8G Crusader

Bought these for projects that I either have on the go or intend to start except for the F82 which is in the stash.

Gondor

McColm

I accepted an offer on eBay for the Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4.

The Wooksta!

Willie gave me the following on Friday:
Hasegawa Focke Wulf Ta 154 V-3
Revell Fw 190 A-8
But best of all was an assembled Ju 288C

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

McColm

Won on eBay both in 1/72 scale:
Lockheed S-3 Viking
Part started Avro York and Avro Lancaster for an incredible low price.

killnoizer

This old Bugatti kit could be very nice if someone could ad two tracks instead of the wheels  .

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

zenrat

That would make a nice hover car.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..