My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: kitbasher on January 11, 2024, 09:56:31 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on January 11, 2024, 03:30:13 AMMy wonderful partner also added to my stash over Christmas to the tune of the Revell 1/32 Bf-110C and, Special Hobby Sunderland III but, I suppose technically that's Stash 2023?

Not unless you celebrated Russian Orthodox Christmas!
Eastern Orthodox Church in general, not just Russian.
;)

Dizzyfugu

First purchase für 2024, and originally not intended but I could not resist the "package": KP recently released an 1:72 MiG-21FL kit, and what made me buy it is the fact that it allows to build the famous and dubious Indian "C992", the obscure tiger-striped machine. I have this one on my agenda for years and already procured a suitable kit (a suitable Bilek Fishbed) with a proper resin fin to create an Indian aircraft, but the KP offering looks decent and I got the kit in a bargain. However, after years of research and consideration I am still not certain about the actual colors on this aircraft; I currently favor the theory that it was just weathered bare metal with black, hand-painted stripes.  :angel:

The Wooksta!

Took delivery of my latest order from Uncle Frank:

Planet Junkers Ju 390 - big, resin, tres expensive.  The engines will fall into rubber, as they'll be better than the pain in the arse to assemble ones in the Revell 290.  Thankfully the 390 wings are better than those of their 290.
Eduard Bf 109G-5/6 combo - the tall tail bits are going into the F I got at Telford.
RS Dornier Do 17P - Turkish possibly. They were offered.

So, after open wallet surgery, my finances are in ICU and Frank has booked a holiday.  Still, the 390 will look good next to a Haunebu on the table at Telford.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received today rom Jadlam Raceing

1 x 1/72 Italeri 1471 AMX-T

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

eBay says I've won the Revell Fw 200 Condor I was bidding on.  This is the late 90s military transport boxing, which had better plastic.  Not quite sure how this may end up.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Got my Hobbyboss GCT 155mm SPH on the T-72 hull yesterday and I was flicking thru the plans and the parts as ya do .
I noticed 2 complete sets of road wheels and the 125mm main tank gun .
So I looked at the parts not used section..61 parts not used 😳.
A very nice extra pile of goodies for the spares boxes 😀 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

From an Italian seller on ebay, bought this one for a RW PoAF Jug but the extra props will probably be useful for something else...   :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Received this evening delivered by the Royal Mail and from eBay

1 x 1/72 AIrfix TSR.2 which included an eduard cockpit set and a CMR Electronics Bay  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Liberated from my LHS (God bless the old chap): Two brand new Heller 1/72 J/S29 Tunnan. One as a birthday gift for the young Sk60 pilot, and another for my own amusement.
I also threw in a few paint brushes and a bottle of Revell glue while there.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

I had a gift certificate in my hot little hands today so I used it and a few bucks more to buy a Trumpeter Chinese Fierce Dragon kit. It looks like a whiff in a box so should be interesting. Digital camo and Ukrainian markings? A strange and mysterious route from Pakistan to Ukraine for a squadron of jets!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on January 16, 2024, 04:11:49 PMI had a gift certificate in my hot little hands today so I used it and a few bucks more to buy a Trumpeter Chinese Fierce Dragon kit. It looks like a whiff in a box so should be interesting. Digital camo and Ukrainian markings? A strange and mysterious route from Pakistan to Ukraine for a squadron of jets!
We'll keep the Ukrainian vibe going Ken as I've got a Academy 48th SU-27 which is gonna get the full treatment..this time tho I'm gonna buy a set of masks for it's camo .
SU-27 masks will still work nicely for what I've got in mind ☺️.  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on January 16, 2024, 06:02:30 PM
Quote from: kerick on January 16, 2024, 04:11:49 PMI had a gift certificate in my hot little hands today so I used it and a few bucks more to buy a Trumpeter Chinese Fierce Dragon kit. It looks like a whiff in a box so should be interesting. Digital camo and Ukrainian markings? A strange and mysterious route from Pakistan to Ukraine for a squadron of jets!
We'll keep the Ukrainian vibe going Ken as I've got a Academy 48th SU-27 which is gonna get the full treatment..this time tho I'm gonna buy a set of masks for it's camo .

Can you use those masks over again? Something tells me not likely.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I picked a set of modern US aircraft colors from Vallejo. Looks interesting.
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on January 16, 2024, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on January 16, 2024, 06:02:30 PM

Can you use those masks over again? Something tells me not likely.
They are vinyl Ken mate so it is possible but if not then I ain't wasting the coin on em .
I'll just make em like usual 😏

Spey_Phantom

arrived earlier this week:

-Mini Hobby models 1/144 P-51D Mustang
-unknown brand 1/xx Hellenic Air Force roundels

on order from Amazon:

-Roden 1/144 Traders ATL-98 Carvair
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.