My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Quote from: kerick on June 09, 2024, 01:32:41 PMI'm waiting for NIMCON this Saturday to look for deals. I don't need anything we know how that goes!!!!

I'm going to try really hard NOT to buy anything at that contest. Not even raffle tickets. I'm trying to save all my money for the IPMS Nationals instead.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

Quote from: seadude on June 09, 2024, 02:59:17 PM
Quote from: kerick on June 09, 2024, 01:32:41 PMI'm waiting for NIMCON this Saturday to look for deals. I don't need anything we know how that goes!!!!

I'm going to try really hard NOT to buy anything at that contest. Not even raffle tickets. I'm trying to save all my money for the IPMS Nationals instead.

This is true. Good thinking.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

From Model Expo.
All kits from the Swamp and Smell.  All aircraft 1/72 natch.  Supplies from the traders.  I would have spent more but Metro Hobbies were not there.  Never mind, i'll order what I was going to get from them from someone else online.  Their loss.

SMS paints lacquer - 1 x magenta and 1 x purple.  They look good together and will make a fine custom paintjob on something.
1/24 five spoke wheels and tyres.  Standard width fronts and fat rears.  Good chrome on the rims.
Glass Coat Gauzy Agent (Future).  I'll be using a lot more of this - new building resolution to coat all clear parts.
Aluminium weathering pencil.  Keep reading about these thought i'd try one.
Tamiya Craft Tweezers.  One of my pairs of "purloined from first aid kit" tweezers snapped.
A2 cutting mat.
Airfix Lockheed Hudson 1.  Another kit from my youth i've been after for a while at a price I was willing to pay.  1975 release.  Tiny box.
Airfix Gloster Meteor F8.  Airfix Club limited edition of the 2006 MPM mould.  So not as good as the latest 1/72 Airfix Meteor but should be fine for whiffing.  I'm thinking Bomber Nose Meatbox.
Hasegawa F-18 Hornet.  1980 first release.  Gorgeous graphic design.  One I don't have in my "Box Art & Font" Hasegawa collection.
20240610_184556 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Hasegawa Aircraft Weapons II - Bombs and Gun Pods.
Seminar of Science P-51D Mustang.  A Korean reboxed Academy mould.  $10.  For the In Memoriam GB.
1/35 Tamiya SAS Jeep.  Second one in the stash (plus an Italeri Commando Car) but I wanted another jeep and this is a Jeep plus two SAS troopers and a shed load of guns.  Just needs the radiator grille bars rebuilding.
1/35 Masterbox Women of WW2 Era.  Three women and a young girl.  Said "started" on the taped up box.  This proved to mean "glue bombed" but they are salvageable and there was also a pair of USAAF airmen with them so $5 was about right.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2024, 04:57:24 AMAirfix Gloster Meteor F8.  Airfix Club limited edition of the 2006 MPM mould.  So not as good as the latest 1/72 Airfix Meteor but should be fine for whiffing.  I'm thinking Bomber Nose Meatbox.

I like the idea of that.  :thumbsup:  Like a mini Canberra
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 10, 2024, 05:30:20 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2024, 04:57:24 AMAirfix Gloster Meteor F8.  Airfix Club limited edition of the 2006 MPM mould.  So not as good as the latest 1/72 Airfix Meteor but should be fine for whiffing.  I'm thinking Bomber Nose Meatbox.

Ed Zachery.  Although looking at drawings it'll need the pilot moving backwards so there is room for the bomb aimer.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2024, 05:37:03 AM

Ed Zachery.  Although looking at drawings it'll need the pilot moving backwards so there is room for the bomb aimer.

Or take it even farther and use the idea of the prone Metero and then the bomb aimer can lie next to and just forward of the pilot ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 10, 2024, 05:39:21 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2024, 05:37:03 AM

Or take it even farther and use the idea of the prone Metero and then the bomb aimer can lie next to and just forward of the pilot ?

I need to compare Meteor and Mosquito fuselage diameters...
Fred

NARSES2

Wardukw

Well i went  to Tauranga this morning ..it's a 2hr drive from my place ..fixed the lower front ball joint of my mates hilux surf..had the entire front hulk assembly..that's brake rotor and caliper and hub land my left hand..big arse cut there now cause of the rotor shield ..still got it done .
Perrin said he had some kits and bits for me that he thought I would use ...boy did he  ;D  ;D
So apart from the battle wound I came home with this lot .
2 x packets of 2.5mm Evergreen angle styrene.
1 x packet of 3.2mm Evergreen tubing
1/35th Academy UH-60L helicopter...it's very started ..he lost total interest in it.
1/35th Dragon German airborne soldiers set
1/35th Border Crusader MKIII tank ..wow what a model and OMFG !! the tracks are so small and delicate..im completely changing them along with its drive sprockets...but here's a surprise..it comes with its own cutting mat..complete with file drawings of the Crusader on the back  :o ..very very cool 😎 😀.
A 1/72nd OIOICIOI V-23 Osprey..again started but this is going to be perfect fir an idea I had a while ago.
1/72nd Dream Model AS-565 Panther and a 72nd Dream Model F-5 F Tiger II twin seater
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

I bought two identical Sturmgeschütz for a project and another PUMA .

I have a idea 😜 .

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

Especially to use the 4 axles at my running AUTO UNION build , but the main body with his nice shape is always good for a complete construction ...
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Gondor

Quote from: killnoizer on June 11, 2024, 02:38:31 AMI bought two identical Sturmgeschütz for a project and another PUMA .

I have a idea 😜 .

That sounds dangerous  :o

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

The Sturmgeschutz are obviously going to be 'twinned' in Tophe's honour for the Memorial GB.  ;D

Hmm, what IS the plural of Sturmgeschutz?  Is it Sturmgeschutzen?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

killnoizer

In correct german it is

STURMGESCHÜTZE

( STURMGESCHUETZE )

There is a memorial group build ???
And that's for me , the one who doesn' like any twin or Z plane ...  :wub:   

But a tank is a tank  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

killnoizer