My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on June 30, 2024, 12:19:37 PMICM 1/72nd BQM-34A Firebee target drone - discounted from £18 to £10

1 x Heller Draken, bagged but complete - £6

LMAO - Well in the latest TWO installments of "I'm an idiot" news:

1. The Firebee is 1/48th, not 1/72nd, so no, I'm not hanging it under a 1/72nd Lancaster any time soon. Might sell it, or might keep it: it has potential as a scaleorama'd 1/72nd light fighter, although there's NOWHERE for a conventional undercarriage to go. Unconventional solutions on the other hand...Hmmm :wacko:

2. The Heller Draken is missing it's outer wing panels and fin. Doesn't matter though: it has lots of useful bits (this is from the multi-variant days of Heller so it builds fighter, recce and trainer versions with alternative parts) and if I want to build something silly based on a Draken, I don't have to feel guilty about "wasting" a nice Heller kit or use a nasty Airfix one.

Both of these are straight up my fault. Yes, the Firebee box was so well sealed up that I didn't open it, but the scale is clearly marked on the top (obviously), and I opened the Draken bag and looked at it and didn't clock the missing parts.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

I've looked at those Firebees and though about doing just that.
How about scabbing on sponsons for the wheels?  Or floats?
Or skis for the Snowy GB.

Today I received one each of these sets from the city LHS.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on July 01, 2024, 04:00:22 AMI've looked at those Firebees and though about doing just that.
How about scabbing on sponsons for the wheels?  Or floats?
Or skis for the Snowy GB.

Hmm: a big ski under the centreline and wingtip outrigger might work. Also, although the wings look very fragile, Firebees have carried underwing stores and (relatively) huge drop tanks, so it could possibly stand twin floats.

However my thoughts went more along the lines of a ZELL point-defence fighter, with a rocket motor in the tail and droppable RATO bottles, Falcons on the wingtips, and either parachute recovery (the kit has a handy separate panel on the spine), or land-based flexi-deck recovery*.

ICM also do the earlier dumpy-looking version (which I nearly bought as well) which would look right if you backdated it to a WWII project.

*If the flexi-deck project was British, then it's Rainbow Code should be "Red Carpet", obviously... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on July 01, 2024, 04:20:58 AM*If the flexi-deck project was British, then it's Rainbow Code should be "Red Carpet", obviously... :wacko:

With the name "Oscar" painted on the side of the nose
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Chaos

New at my Stash,
Bought the Dragons on Ebay for under 35 € per kit

DogfighterZen

Got a call from my wife saying these were waiting for me... :wub:

You cannot view this attachment.

Everything is 1/48 this time, Hasegawa F-8J, Hobby Boss ADV Tornado, Quickboost Late ECS vents for Meng's F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, PJ productions Eurofighter and F-35 pilot resin figures
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Howard of Effingham

Minor amendment to yesterday.... the ICM German WW2 Pilot and groundcrew set had a Bf109F2 kit in as well.

Senior moment but a welcome one.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on July 01, 2024, 05:43:28 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 01, 2024, 04:20:58 AM*If the flexi-deck project was British, then it's Rainbow Code should be "Red Carpet", obviously... :wacko:

;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

More 3-D printing;
A 1/1 HALO Pistol
A 1/1 Space:1999 Stun Gun
2X SW-themed Minions, Darth and Trooper, which will be re-armed with a "I said Dart Gun, not a ..."

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on July 01, 2024, 05:43:28 AM

;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 01, 2024, 10:35:17 AMMinor amendment to yesterday.... the ICM German WW2 Pilot and groundcrew set had a Bf109F2 kit in as well.

Senior moment but a welcome one.

Seems to have been the weekend for Senior Moments. I swear to dog we wern't smoking anything - I'm beginning to suspect somebody spiked the chocolate flapjacks in the cafe... ;D  :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

Just received from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Transport Wings TWC72043 Dart 510 Engines (pack of four engines) to go onto a March 2 Argosy, sometime  :angel:

Several bottles of Tamiya paint. I have storage on the way for the paint but it only takes the newer smaller bottles

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Charlie_c67

A&A Models 1/72 Hawk 200 has winged it's way to me from the big H thanks to the heads up from Weaver. Now, has anyone got a source of good Taildog or real Skyflash AAM's  :wacko:
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Steel Penguin

a small order from kingkit

a 1:35 Italari weapons set   ( cheap as it had no .50cals,  but i can use the rest,
a Hasagawa 1:48 JaSDF weapon set  A,  thats earmarked for the TSR-2
and a Hasagawa 1:48 Citation 1  which gives me another biz jet to re engine, 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Zero-Sen

A list of recently acquired kits from various sources:

1/48 Eduard Mirage IIIC
1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.Vb with RAF crew

1/72 Matchbox Aeritalia G.91Y
1/72 Hasegawa F9F-8 COUGAR
1/72 MPM Production HA-200 Saeta
1/72 Special Hobby F.M.A. IA 58A Pucará
1/72 Sword Nothrop N-9MA
1/72 Dujin Caudron-Regnier C-366 (resin)
1/72 Dujin Caudron-Renault C-450 (resin)
1/72 Academy FW190D-9
1/72 Hasegawa Jaguar Gr Mk1
1/72 Emhar McDonnell F3H Demon (x2)
1/72 Hasegawa Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star

Gondor

Received today from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Modelsvit 72023 Mirage III V-01

1 x 1/72 Valom 72164 Avro Anson C.19

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72473 CAC CA-19 Wirraway

1 x 1/72 Model Art 72/068 Fouga MAGISTER & SEA KING HAS1

Gondor