My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on July 02, 2024, 12:32:21 PMA&A Models 1/72 Hawk 200 has winged it's way to me from the big H thanks to the heads up from Weaver. Now, has anyone got a source of good Taildog or real Skyflash AAM's  :wacko:

Colin at Freighdog can do you SRAAM 100s if you ask him nicely. Try messaging him on here or sending him an e-mail via his website.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

A 3D print of a Humber Pig to 1/35. My Cold War British vehicle collection continues to grow.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

From evil-bay;

37mm AA Gun 1939 K-61 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I plan to use this to create a Matilda SPAAG.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

From Humbrol (Airfix)

1 x 1/72 Airfix (Club Edition) A73016 D-Day Duo

1 x 1/72 Airfix A06023 Boeing Chinook HC.1

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Inspired by DogfighterZen's wonderful Seafang/Spiteful, I just won a Rareplanes vacform one off eBay at a nice-ish price.

Not QUITE sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but something will come along I'm sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Charlie_c67

Managed to finally snag a Special Hobby A-17 Nomad, the one with the striking yellow and black colours, for a sensible price. You can definitely see a familial resemblance with the Dauntless....Hmmm...
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

NARSES2

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on July 05, 2024, 03:37:06 PMManaged to finally snag a Special Hobby A-17 Nomad, the one with the striking yellow and black colours, for a sensible price. You can definitely see a familial resemblance with the Dauntless....Hmmm...

I can see the lines your brain is moving along  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

from the club meeting to day, 1:35 AFV club scorpion, and Scimitar.
1:35 Tamiya JGSDF light armoured  vehicle, 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Charlie_c67

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 06, 2024, 05:53:15 AM
Quote from: Charlie_c67 on July 05, 2024, 03:37:06 PMManaged to finally snag a Special Hobby A-17 Nomad, the one with the striking yellow and black colours, for a sensible price. You can definitely see a familial resemblance with the Dauntless....Hmmm...

Especially as Bristol used one to test the Hercules, as well as the A-33 being pretty much an A-17 with a more powerful engine and better performance :)

jcf

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on July 06, 2024, 05:05:48 PM

Especially as Bristol used one to test the Hercules, as well as the A-33 being pretty much an A-17 with a more powerful engine and better performance :)
A-33 was the USAAC designation for Douglas 8A-5N aircraft that had been ordered by Norway, and they weren't
just a re-engined A-17. They had the
ventral gun position that was an option
on the export Model 8A.

Dizzyfugu

Charlie_c67

Quote from: jcf on July 08, 2024, 06:05:56 AM
Quote from: Charlie_c67 on July 06, 2024, 05:05:48 PM

A-33 was the USAAC designation for Douglas 8A-5N aircraft that had been ordered by Norway, and they weren't
just a re-engined A-17. They had the
ventral gun position that was an option
on the export Model 8A.

Interesting. You can't see that on this picture,  it then if it's the prototype I guess that would make sense.

jcf

That's because the photo on Wikipedia is mislabeled. It's an A-17A, not a Model 8A-5N/A-33.

This is an 8A-5N in US Army service as an A-33.

You cannot view this attachment.

Gondor

Received a few decals today.

From the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72146 Handley Page Halifax B.Mk.I/II
1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72251 Dassault Mirage F.1

From airscale via eBay

1 x 1/48 AS48 AJET Early Allied Jets Instrument Dial Decals
1 x 1/72 AS72 AMB World War 2 Instrument Dial Decals

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

The stash grew again today..one was completely unknown ..a Meng 35th Chinese PLZ05 self propelled howitzer..knew of the real vehicle..didn't know about the model...I do now 😋

Also scored a I LOVE IT 35th scale XM2001 Crusader SPH ..another amazing score  ;D
Also ..a lovely pile of decals ..all letters and numbers but there's like 14 sheets and a great selection of letter sizes .
Got 5 cans of Tamiya spray paint..2 partly used..2 very slightly used and one brand new ..20 bucks the lot  :thumbsup:

And 1 bottle of Ammo Blue Gray paint for my RAF PRU Shinden.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .