Gondor

Just received from Hornby

1 x 1/72 Airfix A02025V Beagle Basset 206
1 x 1/72 Airfix A02108A Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vc
1 x 1/72 Airfix A04002V Fairy Rotodyne

Partly because they had a sale on and I don't have these three kits

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 01, 2024, 03:46:15 AMThat GINORMOUS 1/32 scale Dambusters Lancaster at SMW 2023 is a good example. The whole model was supported by its 'water splash', but can I find a pic of it?

NO! :(

Here you go. Unfortunately the camouflage seems to work quite well with a background of people!  ;D

by Dave Bailey, on Flickr

by Dave Bailey, on Flickr
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Yeah! That's the one Ratty, thanks.  :thumbsup:

It was pretty impressive the way he'd posed it coming tight out of the 'flying' stand AT you!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

My two wee Chinooks showed up today, all the way from the Netherlands. Cheaper than driving an hour North to London, ON and buying them 🤷�♂️
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 02, 2024, 03:05:12 PMMy two wee Chinooks showed up today, all the way from the Netherlands. Cheaper than driving an hour North to London, ON and buying them 🤷�♂️
Oh their so cute Cap'n 😍
My mate Perrin is giving me a 72nd Italeri CH-47 which he's just done with..lots of fit issues..im gonna have some fun with that 😀 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Cracking kit, that 1/144 Chinook. I've got half a dozen of them to go aboard my SS Atlantic Conveyor, eventually..................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 02, 2024, 02:05:53 PMYeah! That's the one Ratty, thanks.  :thumbsup:

It was pretty impressive the way he'd posed it coming tight out of the 'flying' stand AT you!

Wish I had taken a lot more photos, but as you all noticed I was still feeling pretty weak, just walking around was an accomplishment. All better now!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Glad you're better, Ratty.

That Lanc *is* impressive.

Just come back from a friends' place, with: (all 1/72)

Cooper Details Spit 5-bladed prop
Aeroclub bucket seats and control columns X2
Aeroclub R-2800
Falcon F-8F Bearcat canopy
Falcon Sunderland canopy set
a couple of random jet transfer sheets, gotten for the warning triangles
and a sheet of White US Air Force/Navy/Marines lettering (there may be Army there also); this will enable me to carry on with a US Navy whif that had stalled due to not having the white lettering. So Yay!

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on February 02, 2024, 05:37:02 AMJust ordered the Dora Wings Fairey FD2 from Jadlam Toys & Models

It's out at the Big H and I must admit I'm not sure about getting one or not ? It's not my period, but I've always liked the aeroplane. Umming and ahhing at the moment, but if there's a box available at the London show it may well follow me home  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 02, 2024, 03:05:12 PMMy two wee Chinooks showed up today, all the way from the Netherlands. Cheaper than driving an hour North to London, ON and buying them 🤷�♂️

1/144? :unsure:

I could use them as sales models in my 1/35 CH-47D. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Build one as a large-scale;e R/C model...  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: The Rat on February 02, 2024, 11:24:43 AM by Dave Bailey, on Flickr

It's very good.  But it needs spinning props.  Either actual ones with motors or fake ones with discs.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I think the Big Lanc did have motorised props, but they didn't run all the time.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today from Airfix Upgrade Sets on Facebook, otherwise known as Tony Little

Several upgrade sets for the Airfix Gloster Javeling FAW.R

I still need to get the Airwaves etch set and Master probes for the future build though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on February 03, 2024, 04:50:34 AMReceived today from Airfix Upgrade Sets on Facebook, otherwise known as Tony Little

Several upgrade sets for the Airfix Gloster Javeling FAW.R

I still need to get the Airwaves etch set and Master probes for the future build though.

Gondor

At first glance, this looked like a power station from a slightly dystopian future...............then I examined it more closely.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet