My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Gondor on February 04, 2024, 02:32:11 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 04, 2024, 01:51:54 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 04, 2024, 12:18:58 AM
Quote from: Rheged on February 03, 2024, 08:07:58 AMAt first glance, this looked like a power station from a slightly dystopian future...............then I examined it more closely.

And it STILL  looked like a power station from a slightly dystopian future..............?  ;D

My thoughs exactly! ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

Well if you consider what they are for..... of course they will  ;D

Gondor

I had to look back and yes it does look just like it. Hmmmm........
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Leading Observer

The Dora Wings Fairey Delta 2 and the Aerocraft Models Fairey Tactical Strike GOR.339 Project 75 both arrived today
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Wardukw

Had a good start to the days with several scores..

A 35th scale  Hobbyboss  Chinese PLA ZTZ 96A Main Battle Tank

And some quite interesting tools I can wait to play with....I got a set of Alexen fine scraper plates 1 and 2 and one which if it works will be superb for some builds ..a Alexen gun barrel scraper.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Phill, is the gun barrel scraper to get rid of seam lines? Or for re profiling? (I suppose it could be used for both)

buzzbomb

Impulse buy at a hobby shop whilst idling away time waiting for the other half.

Whilst it is aimed at IDF there is a heap of nice stuff that is useful elsewhere like the gas cooker, Thermos, transistor radios,  tools, boxes and a super useful Rt-524 radio.
Even the ration boxes are in plastic

Old Wombat

That looks like an excellent accessories set, BT! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

I have just spent a ridiculous amount of money buying this;

But the kit images just looked so-o nice!

I really hope it's worth it! :angel:

It will be slightly whiffed by adding a hook, as a carrier-capable RAM Air Arm aircraft.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Wapiti looks nice  :thumbsup:  Just wondering where the struts are in that image ? They are the parts that would worry me if 3D printed.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on February 05, 2024, 01:04:53 PMThe Dora Wings Fairey Delta 2

I'd be Interested in your first impressions ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Snagged an Airfix RAF Recovery set on eBay.  Now I need to do the Bv P.202 ad the cargo.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 06, 2024, 06:08:40 AM
Quote from: Leading Observer on February 05, 2024, 01:04:53 PMThe Dora Wings Fairey Delta 2

I'd be Interested in your first impressions ?

I will post some photos of the box contents later. First impressions look good

Update:

LO

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 05, 2024, 11:37:21 PMPhill, is the gun barrel scraper to get rid of seam lines? Or for re profiling? (I suppose it could be used for both)
Rick it's to get rid of the seam lines after gluing without ending up with a flat spot ..it's got different profiles for different sizes of barrel  ;D
Very neat 👌 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

chrisonord

Not a kit as such, a pair of jumo auxiliary Me 410 jet engines, for a future project. Made by Lonewulf models, via ebay.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on February 06, 2024, 08:29:56 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 05, 2024, 11:37:21 PMPhill, is the gun barrel scraper to get rid of seam lines? Or for re profiling? (I suppose it could be used for both)
Rick it's to get rid of the seam lines after gluing without ending up with a flat spot ..it's got different profiles for different sizes of barrel  ;D
Very neat 👌 😄

Sounds good. :thumbsup:
I remember making flat spots on various barrels (and fuselages :banghead: ).
Nowadays I use a Flexifile or a turned barrel.

Leading Observer

LO