My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

This arrived at the Post Office today;

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 06, 2024, 01:55:56 AMI have just spent a ridiculous amount of money buying this;

But the kit images just looked so-o nice!

I really hope it's worth it! :angel:

It will be slightly whiffed by adding a hook, as a carrier-capable RAM Air Arm aircraft.

And, having had a quick look in the box, I'm glad I bought it, despite the heart-palpitation-inducing price.

She looks really nice, although I may have to brush up on my casting stub & printing supports removal skills before I get stuck into her.

Fitting the clear film "glass" into the 3D printed frames for the cockpit glazing may be interesting, but Lukgraph have included two sets, just in case.

There's a small sheet of PE packed with little bits, including gun/bomb sights, instrument panel, seat belts & a bunch of other bits, the purpose of which I have no idea because I haven't looked at the instructions, yet.

Transfers/decals/stickers look good, giving options for aircraft based in Iraq & India.

My only gripe will be if some sod brings out a styrene version in the next year-or-so.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

The famed and rather awaited Gondor package, containing a TSR2 arrived today, having slowly drifted across the North Sea. Lovely having it, and Alistair is a true champ, but I wish I could say the same for the postal services..  ;D
Well - no rush, as I'll have to clean out the hobby desk for the coming weekend, and then there's obviously a trilogy of green Danes and almost ten Swedes in various stages of construction and reconstruction ahead in the queue. Business as usual, in other words..  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Weaver

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 12, 2024, 03:43:56 AMMy only gripe will be if some sod brings out a styrene version in the next year-or-so.

Hannants are listing a 1/72nd one from Dora Wings in Future Releases, but there's no sign of it on Dora's own website, so...hmmm  :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Vulcan7

Just arrived today......(no prizes for guessing what I will be building  ;)  ;D  & yes I know the Frog kit is a bit rubbish but it was very cheap & I really like the box art  ;D )

You cannot view this attachment.
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

The Wooksta!

The Frog/Hasegawa kit is okay as a clothes horse for decals and schemes, but is locked into an F3A or early F6 from the box, although can be done as an F2A with some minor mods.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on February 12, 2024, 04:08:00 AMThe famed and rather awaited Gondor package, containing a TSR2 arrived today, having slowly drifted across the North Sea. Lovely having it, and Alistair is a true champ, but I wish I could say the same for the postal services..  ;D
Well - no rush, as I'll have to clean out the hobby desk for the coming weekend, and then there's obviously a trilogy of green Danes and almost ten Swedes in various stages of construction and reconstruction ahead in the queue. Business as usual, in other words..  ;D

Glad it got there ok even if it took the scenic route to get there. In time for the 60's Group Build as well  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on February 12, 2024, 04:30:36 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 12, 2024, 03:43:56 AMMy only gripe will be if some sod brings out a styrene version in the next year-or-so.

Hannants are listing a 1/72nd one from Dora Wings in Future Releases, but there's no sign of it on Dora's own website, so...hmmm  :unsure:

1/72 I can live with, 1/48 not so much. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

From the Huddersfield Halifax Leeds show yesterday:
Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet, Blue Angels boxing.

Looks nice in the box.  I plan to reprise a 1/144 Hornet whiff I did years ago that had a mishap.  I can repair it but it's a bit tatty and I think it'd look good in the larger scale.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 12, 2024, 05:16:21 AM......... although can be done as an F2A with some minor mods.

I did just that some decades ago, and it's still one of my fave Lightning builds.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 12, 2024, 08:36:10 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 12, 2024, 05:16:21 AM......... although can be done as an F2A with some minor mods.

I did just that some decade ago, and it's still one of my fave Lightning builds.

Basically, shorten the cable ducts and drill out the upper and lower gunports in the fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

And make sure it's toting Firestreaks and not Red Tops.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 12, 2024, 03:43:56 AMShe looks really nice, although I may have to brush up on my casting stub & printing supports removal skills before I get stuck into her.

That would be my concern, and in 1/72 I wouldn't even attempt it  :-\

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on February 11, 2024, 07:27:35 PMFrom the Leeds show today:

Mistercraft 1/72nd Super Lynx HMA.8 - cheap and kinda crappy, but it has a Helitele and a bunch of nice optional bits in it.

Italeri 1/72nd Kamov KA-29 Helix

Revell 1/72nd Mi-28N Havoc - a gift from Thorvic - thanks Geoff! :thumbsup:

Sod's Law: trying to tidy up and rearrange the attic today, I found a bagged Airfix Navy Lynx that a) I'd totally forgot I'd bought, and b) was in completely the wrong place, which is why I'd never rediscovered it before. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

arrived today:

-Roden 1/144 Avition Traders ATL-98 Carvair (would look good in USAF MATS colors)

earlier this week:

-Revell 1/144 F-14A Black Tomcat
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Pellson

Collected a package today containing a decent load of different Swedish chaff and flare pods, a few more belly tanks for the remaining Lansen kits in the StashTM and also a flash pod to pair up the night recce pod I already have for my SF37. Also, a set to convert a Hasegawa Draken to a Danish WNDS-updated aircraft. All Maestro, of course. And they cost a fortune! 
Last but not least, another Heller JA37 Jaktviggen to replace the one I gave to the lad. I'm planning an AJ37 upgrade, i.e the A20 "Superviggen", and I also hope to be able to build it together with young mr P, as we did with the Tunnans.

It's nice to look through your procurements, planning and test fitting some of the bits and pieces. I needed that today. It's been a quite shitty one.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!