My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Focke Wulf Friday at Uncle Frank's with the following:

Kora Ta 152S-2 x 2
Kora Ta 152E-1 x 2 (one is likely to become a Ta 152A-2)
IBG Fw 190D-9/D-11 double pack.  Comes with a second wing upper with outer cannon and underwing R4M unguided missiles.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 16, 2024, 03:59:08 AMThere's a pay dispute going on with the dock workers.  They could be caught up in that.

That takes me back a few years, at least to the 50/60/70's here in the UK
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Got a message to pick up a parcel from my local Argos

Quite pleased to get this as it means I can now use an after-market set to correct the kit which was released in 1973 after all. Not sure if it will be a B.6, B.15, or B.16 yet, I am leaning towards the B.16 though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

killnoizer

Quote from: killnoizer on February 14, 2024, 12:20:16 PMI start building some planes in 1:48 , and this comes with some figures . 
Another 262 more is never wrong for me .

You cannot view this attachment.

Arrived today , and .. WOW there is a single jet engine included , THAT is great for a complete own project  .  We have a original here in  town, displayed in the local aviation collection
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

The Wooksta!

Turns out that one of the Ta 152S kits still had the original Aoshima glazing, which is handy, as the one in the bundle snagged on eBay had the open option smashed.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

Just won 2 auctions and I'm quite happy with the scores.
Got a MRC 1:35 scale AH-IW U.S. MARINES SUPER COBRA for $16.50  ;D  ;D
And a Dragon ZSU23-4 V1 Shilka as well..not an easy kit to find here now so glad I got it ..this is the 5th one now 😏 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on February 17, 2024, 12:28:58 AMGot a MRC 1:35 scale AH-IW U.S. MARINES SUPER COBRA for $16.50  ;D  ;D

WHAT!? :o

You should be significantly more than "quite happy", mate: You should be ecstatic! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 17, 2024, 03:25:35 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on February 17, 2024, 12:28:58 AMGot a MRC 1:35 scale AH-IW U.S. MARINES SUPER COBRA for $16.50  ;D  ;D

You should be significantly more than "quite happy", mate: You should be ecstatic! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Yeah, you're being almost english in your understatement.  Sure you are not "chuffed" or "rather pleased"?   :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

No kits, but a good stash of decals.  Lots of old Modeldecal  1/72 sheets, mostly early cold war RAF (2x Meteor NF, 2x Vampire, 1x Sabre) plus a sheet for Marineflieger Tornadoes.  I often have ideas for this period and stall due to lack of decals.

Also, a 1/48 AML set for Hurricane and Defiant night fighters, includes decals and six stub exhausts for each.  This is to go on a Pegasus Hobbies Hurricane, to be real world.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

The Focke Wulf bundle snagged on eBay arrived earlier.  There's a lot of resin and etch in with the Eduard 190, all for the engine and lowered flaps.  Sod it, life is way too short for all that flapdoodle.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

Strangely I said the same thing to my mate and got the same response  ;D
Quote from: zenrat on February 17, 2024, 04:25:10 AM

Yeah, you're being almost english in your understatement.  Sure you are not "chuffed" or "rather pleased"?   :wacko:

Definitely rather pleased Fred ...don't know why though but it's getting harder for me to be ecstatic about alot of things these days ..
There's no doubt that this is a epic score..I do feel for the seller though but it's the nature of the business auction sites.
His loss ..my win . :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on February 17, 2024, 09:39:56 AM

Definitely rather pleased Fred ...don't know why though but it's getting harder for me to be ecstatic about alot of things these days ..
There's no doubt that this is a epic score..I do feel for the seller though but it's the nature of the business auction sites.

That is just under 10€... :o  That's what i call a steal!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 17, 2024, 03:27:35 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on February 17, 2024, 09:39:56 AM

That is just under 10€... :o  That's what i call a steal!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Very much so Rui mate..it's on average a $80+ dollar kit here..oh I keep forgetting this..comes with a set of Verlinden MK19 grenade launchers and 2 Verlinden books on this chopper too.  ;D

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on February 17, 2024, 03:31:58 PMVery much so Rui mate..it's on average a $80+ dollar kit here..oh I keep forgetting this..comes with a set of Verlinden MK19 grenade launchers and 2 Verlinden books on this chopper too.  ;D

The aftermarket bits alone are worth more than what you paid for everything...  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
I've been lucky to find some rare kits for a bargain price, like one of my Monogram 1/72 F-16XL kits that was just under 20€ and one of the 1/32 Monogram Blue Thunder choppers for 35€ but that is just ridiculous... i'm pretty sure that i'll never find such a deal around here... :-\
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 17, 2024, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on February 17, 2024, 03:31:58 PMVery much so Rui mate..it's on average a $80+ dollar kit here..oh I keep forgetting this..comes with a set of Verlinden MK19 grenade launchers and 2 Verlinden books on this chopper too.  ;D

The aftermarket bits alone are worth more than what you paid for everything...  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
I've been lucky to find some rare kits for a bargain price, like one of my Monogram 1/72 F-16XL kits that was just under 20€ and one of the 1/32 Monogram Blue Thunder choppers for 35€ but that is just ridiculous... i'm pretty sure that i'll never find such a deal around here... :-\
Sadly there's not a huge amount of things like there used to be here either ..trademe used to have tons of em but very few and far between these days.  .I guess I'm lucky that I keep getting hit with these sorts of things cause with money being so tight most of the time I couldn't afford it.
Lucky ive got some work on a mates Hilux Surf to do and that will increase my wallets diameter nicely 😆
I'm seriously looking at 2 Amusing hobby Conqueror tanks which are both on special right now..one at Hobbylink Japan and ghe other at BNA in Australia.