My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on February 22, 2024, 07:54:43 AM
Quote from: kerick on February 21, 2024, 08:07:34 PMLet's see here........
If this fella has some truck models grab them and put that M88 on several truck axles. Put that M1A1HA mine plow on the front too for good measure.
Upgrade the Chaparral with some Slammers from a 1/32 aircraft.
I would suggest putting the Nagmachon Doghouse on the Korean IFV but it comes with the Centurion kit. But if you build the Nagmachon you will have a turret left over. Hmmmm....
The Panzer IV will need a turret.
This should keep you busy for a month or so!!  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

Your a nutta Ken ..silly ideas and get out of my head  :wacko:  :wacko:
I've got some bad news tho..I have all the road wheels and suspension components for the M88 so I could build it completely and I did forget to mention it's got a AM interior set to so that's cool .
Again I'm having ideas 😆
As for the Nagmachon..Ken mate this thing isn't small ..it's not twice the size of the KIFV but it's close ..the KIFV is based on a M113 APC and the Nagmachon on a Centurion tank  ;D
The Nagmachon doesn't have a turret bud ..the Doghouse part is just a box with windows ..very boring actually so yep ..there's ideas 🙃🤪

I'm just trying to help.......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Nick

Mum had a mini clear out last weekend so I dropped the good stuff off at a local charity shop. As I turned to leave I spied a pair of model kits what I'd missed on entering.

The boxes were battered and sunfaded but only £5 each. How could I say no?
Looks like the major components are in the boxes. At the very least I'll have spare parts to share out.

If you want to take these off my hands drop me a line.

Airfix 1/72 BBMF set - Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane
Revell 1/144 Airbus A380

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on February 22, 2024, 09:40:56 AMAirfix 1/72 BBMF set - Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane
Revell 1/144 Airbus A380

That's a SERIOUS find at £5 each!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Which BBMF set? New or old tools?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 22, 2024, 08:08:46 AMPlaced an order with Kingkit and will reveal the contents whence it arrived.

Not a betting man but I'd say it's FW190D- or Ta152-related!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

You could say that, I cannot possibly comment.

I did snaffle a bubbletop Ki 61 Tony off eBay.  Been wanting one for a while.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Round 2 continue to tempt me by re-popping old MPC, AMT, and Lindberg moulds (suitably cleaned up and sometimes with options restored).
Latest two I couldn't do without are these.  Received from Frontline Hobbies;

Bantam Blast I had years ago and used the chassis to build a Funny Car.  I want to build one OOB.
Chrysler I knew of but had never seen one in the flesh.  I want to Hot Rod this.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The original Imperial kit was amazing, complete with bullet holes in the windows!  ;D

Mine had a late Hemi with the pipes coming out under the doors...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2024, 12:42:11 AMMine had a late Hemi with the pipes coming out under the doors...............

...Of course it did.

Is that the one that used to come with the gangster figures too?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 23, 2024, 02:37:32 AMIs that the one that used to come with the gangster figures too?

It sure did.  ;D

And it looks like the Round 2 version does as well, looking at the box art. I thought it had a bunch of weapons, tommy guns and shotguns,  on the rear shelf too, but maybe that was the Lincoln in the same range.

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2024, 02:58:14 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 23, 2024, 02:37:32 AMIs that the one that used to come with the gangster figures too?

It sure did.  ;D

And it looks like the Round 2 version does as well, looking at the box art. I thought it had a bunch of weapons, tommy guns and shotguns,  on the rear shelf too, but maybe that was the Lincoln in the same range.

D'oh! Always read the fine print...  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 23, 2024, 02:59:43 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2024, 02:58:14 AM

It sure did.  ;D

D'oh! Always read the fine print...  ;D

I did & saw "18-PIECE Motorcycle", which no-one has mentioned, yet.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 23, 2024, 04:24:35 AMI did & saw "18-PIECE Motorcycle", which no-one has mentioned, yet.

I don't remember that from my Imperial, but maybe I gave that away to a club member.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Actually arrived yesterday, but I was busy setting the GB Poll up.

You cannot view this attachment.

It's MASSIVE  :o

I bought it with my refunded train fare from the other week and Airfix also included a 2024 Catalogue because I'd spent over £x. Forgot how much fun those catalogues can be. Always used to get them, but haven't had one for decades.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.