My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

The poor thing looks like someone stood on it and squashed it flat!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The Kingkit order arrived yesterday, and it comprised a pair of MPM Fw 190S two seat trainers. One will go Czech in overall Aluminium, the other is likely to go in an RAF scheme as one of the captured trainers used as communications hacks post war.

I already have one, which will get a Ta 152 fin and the big prop/fan.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 27, 2024, 06:08:27 AM
Quote from: McColm on February 26, 2024, 10:50:08 PMMini Mite Lucky Hong Kong, Two racing cars. One looks like an early formula one car the other well I don't know what it is could be a BRM as it has a lot of pipework at the back.
It's the Lotus 30.

The Lotus 30 was a VERY low open sports car, but if it has a lot of exhaust pipework in top of the rear body it's more than likely a Lotus 40.

It's often said that a 40 was a 30 with 10 more faults..............  ;D

To add further complication, a number of 30s have been re-engined with style exhausts.  :banghead:

Lotus 30

Lotus 40
Apologies for the bad photo taken from ebay, but it looks very similar.

PR19_Kit

That's a Chaparral 2A I think.

The Chaparral was built around the same period, slightly taller and a LOT more successful!   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 27, 2024, 01:29:37 PMThat's a Chaparral 2A I think.

The Chaparral was built around the same period, slightly taller and a LOT more successful!   ;D
Thanks Kit :thumbsup:
I have just checked on eBay about Chaparral model cars and they look similar although I couldn't find another Chaparral 2 from the same company as mine. I had to take a double look at the prices as they aren't cheap. I don't think the seller had a clue that they sold me a rare piece of motoring history.
The other model is a Martini Barbham F1 no: 3139. The red/ orange has faded and its a bit playworn both produced by Lucky Toys Hong-Kong. The Chaparral 2 doesn't have a number stamped on the underside, due to be delivered sometime this week.

Gondor

Received an item from eBay

1 x 1/72 Old Airfix Buccaneer upgrade set by Neomega

Complete other than part of the packaging. Very happy about getting hold of this.  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Sweet! Nice when you can get hold of these things that are long OOP.

The Wooksta!

Snagged a Dragon Ta 152H on the bay of E.  The engine cowling is likely to go elsewhere in the program, so a re-engining is on the cards, either a BMW 801R or another Jumo 222 option.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

I got my OldModels transfer sheets in the post today (mostly 1/72):

OMD 1408 Sunderland Civil Service ZK-AMG 'Mataatua' 
You cannot view this attachment.
A family connection here; a cousin was one of the aircrew that ferried them out to NZ in 1944 and this was 'his' aircraft

OMD0976 Mosquito last scheme Post-War
A different scheme for my RNZAF collection - and what heretic doesn't like a Mossie?  ;)

OMD1127 P-40N, Pacific Theatre 
Two P-40s in different schemes, with Nose Art!
And one even survives to this day...

OMD1299 DH-82 Tiger Moth
A pretty scheme, and I appreciated the pun!

OMD0046 Boeing 757 1/200
And lastly, the Brother-in-Laws' Christmas 2024 present.

Oops - first time trying to attach pdf files - not sure it worked too well. LMK if you can't see them, I'll try something else...

PR19_Kit

An Italeri B-57B from Kingkit. Some parts to be used on the B-51/Master very soon.

Not sure quite what I'll do with the rest, but longer wings may be involved..................  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 01, 2024, 02:02:54 AMOops - first time trying to attach pdf files - not sure it worked too well. LMK if you can't see them, I'll try something else...

Can see them by clicking on the link Rick  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Got some Peewit masks and ResKit wheels for my Airfix Gannet. Still using the cash I got refunded for my cancelled train  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2024, 04:34:03 AMAn Italeri B-57B from Kingkit. Some parts to be used on the B-51/Master very soon.

Not sure quite what I'll do with the rest, but longer wings may be involved..................  ;D

Only maybe......

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Arrived late afternoon from eBay

1 x 1/72 ESCI 9075 F-8E(FN) Crusader to become a Royal Navy two-seater.

Gondor