My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 01, 2024, 02:02:54 AMI got my OldModels transfer sheets in the post today (mostly 1/72):

OMD0976 Mosquito last scheme Post-War
You cannot view this attachment.
A different scheme for my RNZAF collection - and which heretic doesn't like a Mossie?  ;)

Normally, I'm a sucker for new Mosquito sheets. Had a look at the full range of these and frankly, to say underwhelming is damning them with faint praise. There's nothing on them you can't get from several Xtradecal and Ventura sheets.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2024, 05:47:22 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 01, 2024, 02:02:54 AMOops - first time trying to attach pdf files - not sure it worked too well. LMK if you can't see them, I'll try something else...

Can see them by clicking on the link Rick  :thumbsup:

Cool, thanks Chris  :thumbsup:

Lee - sure, I quite agree. If you have enough of those other options.
I don't, and I was swayed by being able to get the Red 'X's and the stencils, which I don't have on any of the kit sheets. ;)

And as I was ordering a few others anyway...

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 01, 2024, 12:29:12 PMAnd as I was ordering a few others anyway...

How often do we use that as our "Raison d'etre"  :angel:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Uncle Frank gave a few built up things to salvage:

MPM Arado Ar 68. That's definitely going Spanish, possibly in Aluminium.
Lindberg/Revell He 100D. Been nicely upgraded, but with cowl guns, which the He 100 couldn't carry.  It had no traditional bearers as the cowling itself was reinforced to take the load.  May end up Swedish, a dark scheme to hide the surgery.
MPM He 100D. Sans canopy but the kit one was too small anyway.  Spanish for sure.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Steel Penguin

from the club meeting to day  Tamiya 1:24 Nissan Skyline GTR
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 02, 2024, 08:07:48 AMfrom the club meeting to day  Tamiya 1:24 Nissan Skyline GTR

The R32 kit with or without the engine ??
Either way ..very nice 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2024, 02:40:54 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 01, 2024, 12:29:12 PMAnd as I was ordering a few others anyway...

More often than I'm willing to admit... even to myself! ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:19:38 AM

Well, you know, gotta get the free postage!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 02, 2024, 10:29:03 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 02, 2024, 11:19:38 AM

Well, you know, gotta get the free postage!

Free. Postage?  :unsure:

I understand the individual words, and (at least in Theory) the concept, but...

Yeah, No. :banghead:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 02, 2024, 10:29:03 PMWell, you know, gotta get the free postage!

Done that a couple of times  :angel:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Picked up an ESCI F-104C at the Peterborough/Stamford show today (I needed the tanks for some bits on the B-51/Master....) and a bottle of matt varnish too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I needed more paint for the Subaru Brat and it was wrong not to add a kit.
So I got an Airfix Beaver.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A supply parcel from Colin Frieghtdog arrived with some goodies which will end up on the B-51, and some that won't as they're Spitfire decals.  ;D

The bits that most likely will are a Canberra B(I)8 gun pod and a Mk7 nuke.

But he also sent me some 'extras', that may or may not become more generally available soon.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 05, 2024, 05:56:24 AMA supply parcel from Colin Frieghtdog arrived with some goodies which will end up on the B-51, and some that won't as they're Spitfire decals.  ;D

The bits that most likely will are a Canberra B(I)8 gun pod and a Mk7 nuke.

But he also sent me some 'extras', that may or may not become more generally available soon.  ;)
Spill the bean Mr Spackman, you know you want to.  ;D
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

I'm not sure I'm allowed to yet.  ;D

Regards
Kit