My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 08, 2024, 01:20:08 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 07, 2024, 09:34:32 AMThe last two items to make up the minimum order price.

Gondor

And how many times have we all done exactly that ourselves? "Guilty as charged, Your Honour."  :banghead:  ;D

Well if I didn't I wasn't going to get the F-8 conversion set. I also had no intention of buying any other conversion or kit either so whet to buy yet keep the price down. So I bought a deckchair  :unsure:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on March 08, 2024, 01:47:14 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 07, 2024, 09:34:32 AMThe last two items to make up the minimum order price.

Gondor

And how many times have we all done exactly that ourselves? "Guilty as charged, Your Honour."  :banghead:  ;D

Well if I didn't I wasn't going to get the F-8 conversion set. I also had no intention of buying any other conversion or kit either so whet to buy yet keep the price down. So I bought a deckchair  :unsure:

Gondor

As one does!  ;D

I must admit, the 'minimum order' requirement has been a deal breaker in a lot of cases - a shame, cos there's some interesting stuff I can't - or won't - get, but when I only want one thing from a site, what're ya gonna do?

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 08, 2024, 01:52:35 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 08, 2024, 01:47:14 AM

Gondor

Gondor

As one does!  ;D

I must admit, the 'minimum order' requirement has been a deal breaker in a lot of cases - a shame, cos there's some interesting stuff I can't - or won't - get, but when I only want one thing from a site, what're ya gonna do?

A possibility is to club together with someone to buy several things which make the order above the minimum order value.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Old Wombat

On their way to me:

1 x Tamiya Models 1/35 Dinosaur Series Diorama Set No.3 - Parasaurolophus (TM 60103) - I have a few Tamiya dinosaur sets I want to merge into a diorama one day.
1 KASL Hobby x 1/48 AGM-84G-1 Harpoon [2pcs]  (KASL-K48084) - May find their way onto a Dassault aircraft.
1 x Ozmods Models 1/48 GBU-10/B PAVE Way I LGBs [2pcs] (OZSDA48027) - Not sure where they'll go but I have a fair number of aircraft that could carry them.
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 Vultee Vengeance Mk.II Landing Gear & Bay Hinges for Dora Wings kits (SAC-48445) - Fairly obvious considering I recently bought the Dora Wings kit.
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 F-105 Landing Gear for Hobby Boss kits [white metal] (SAC-48129) - Intend buying another set because I'm fairly sure the F-105G landing gear is the same.
1 x Aires 1/48 F-105D Thunderchief Wheel Bay for HobbyBoss kit    (AIR 4380) - Same as above, but I will check both first.
1 x QuickBoost 1/48 Republic F-105D Thunderchief Position Lights for HobbyBoss kit (QB48279) - Again, fairly sure a second set will be coming, eventually.
1 x Reskit 1/48 AN / ALQ-119 ECM Pod (medium length version) for A-7, A-10, F-4, F-16, F-105, F-111 (RS48-0408) - Don't want to make it too easy for the enemy to knock you out of the sky, do we? And a few more will make an appearance, sometime.
1 x Reskit 1/48 Centerline Multi Weapon Pylon for F-105 Thunderchief [3D Printing] (RS48-0417) - Need something to fit the weapons to.
1 x Reskit 1/48 F-4/100/5/105/8, A-4/7/10, Kfir Multiple Ejector Racks A/A37B-6 MER-7 [3pcs] (RS48-0341) - And these mean more can be carried on the pylons.

I think my F-105's are becoming a detailing obsession. :blink:

Oh, well, the Army won't mind! ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 06, 2024, 11:49:51 AMAll the talk about Drakens got me spending more money... On it's way, a Hasegawa 1/48 J35 F/J with  a set of masks for the canopy and wheels from New Ware...

Delivered today... :mellow:

You cannot view this attachment.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

killnoizer

I needed some wheels , frames and engines and so one ... These kits are amazing 😃

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Rheged

They look  very worthwhile acquisitions.....................but 434 parts in the GAZ-AAA truck?  I can hear a carpet monster licking its lips in anticipation!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Rat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 07, 2024, 11:28:28 PMAnother ev!lbay win: finally got hands on a affordable Hasegawa 1:72 F11F Tiger. They come with irrational price tags these days (just like the Cougar kit) but won an auction with just EUR 6,50,-, less than the national postage. Strange, but nice catch - I feel inclined to make a German Marineflieger machine from it, with a Norm '76 scheme, as a supersonic stopgap between the Seahawk and the Starfighter.  :lol:

Get thee to the bench, now! Do not pass 'Go,' do not collect $200!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 08, 2024, 06:34:10 AMOn their way to me:

1 x Tamiya Models 1/35 Dinosaur Series Diorama Set No.3 - Parasaurolophus

The first dinosaur toy my daughter ever got was a rubber parasaurolophus. She was about 3, and when we told her what it was she could even pronounce the name! Grabbed it off the shelf at the store, and when it came time to pay she would not reliquish it to let the clerk ring it up. She gave us all an icy stare and said "NO! Izza Meagan's!" We had to get another to check the price. She still has it 29 years later.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Rat on March 08, 2024, 12:38:28 PMGrabbed it off the shelf at the store, and when it came time to pay she would not relinquish it to let the clerk ring it up. She gave us all an icy stare and said "NO! Izza Meagan's!" We had to get another to check the price. She still has it 29 years later.

Aw, that's just too cute!  ;D  Thanks for the smile, much needed.  :thumbsup:

And *over 400 parts* on a *Truck*?! What, do you make the engine up from parts like the RW one? And the rear deck plank-by-plank? No, Thanks!

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 08, 2024, 08:57:17 PM... *over 400 parts* on a *Truck*?! What, do you make the engine up from parts like the RW one? And the rear deck plank-by-plank...

With Miniart?  Possibly.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Sometimes we, as modellers, need to be more careful about what we tell these companies we want... we can be our own worst enemies.
Which is why I still prefer Italeri and similar, most often.

Having said which, I did recently order the Miniart WW2 Chev Panel Van, which is apparently "Expensive, even for Miniart"  :banghead:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 08, 2024, 08:57:17 PMAnd *over 400 parts* on a *Truck*?!

Due to some dirt on my glasses I glimpsed at that entry and read "over 400 pants on a truck" and thought "WTF?"  ;D

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 09, 2024, 12:36:35 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 08, 2024, 08:57:17 PMAnd *over 400 parts* on a *Truck*?!

Due to some dirt on my glasses I glimpsed at that entry and read "over 400 pants on a truck" and thought "WTF?"  ;D

If it's a consignment to a clothing retailer, why not?... ;)

There again, the old saying goes "Chaos, Disorder, Mayhem; my work here is done." ;D