My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

Rick Lowe

Nice haul! :thumbsup:
I like the old Italeri Jeep - a good, solid little build and has more finesse than the old Tamiya one. (the new Tamiya one, on the other hand...)

The Matchbox/Revell Beaufighter builds up well, too.

PR19_Kit

And the Airfix B-26 was a PEACH of a model in its time too.   :thumbsup:

The model shop owners in Berlin have all gone on holiday on the strength of those sales too.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on March 08, 2024, 09:06:20 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 08, 2024, 08:57:17 PM... *over 400 parts* on a *Truck*?! What, do you make the engine up from parts like the RW one? And the rear deck plank-by-plank...

With Miniart?  Possibly.

I had a quick captain's at the Miniart Gas AA in my stash.  Number of parts isn't listed on the box lid but given it has one fewer axles than the AAA it must have less parts right?

:-\

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on March 08, 2024, 12:38:28 PMThe first dinosaur toy my daughter ever got was a rubber parasaurolophus. She was about 3, and when we told her what it was she could even pronounce the name! Grabbed it off the shelf at the store, and when it came time to pay she would not reliquish it to let the clerk ring it up. She gave us all an icy stare and said "NO! Izza Meagan's!" We had to get another to check the price. She still has it 29 years later.

What is it about kids and dinosaurs ? Generation after generation  ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Chaos on March 09, 2024, 01:56:35 AM

Ooh! Airfix B-26! :wub:

I have one. :thumbsup:

I want another ... because ... well ... B-26! :mellow:

Well, actually because I'd like to do one RW & one RAAF. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Just received from Kingkit

1 x 1/72 Dragon 5007 Focke-Wulf Ta 153C-0
1 x 1/72 Dragon 5041 Heinkel He219A5/R4

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

If you've got one of the IBG 190s (9, 11, 13), steal the spare DB603 cowling for the Dragon Ta 152C.  Makes all the difference. I'll sort you out with a resin one if need be, as well as some new wheels.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 09, 2024, 10:20:22 AMIf you've got one of the IBG 190s (9, 11, 13), steal the spare DB603 cowling for the Dragon Ta 152C.  Makes all the difference. I'll sort you out with a resin one if need be, as well as some new wheels.

Thanks but I have all the bits I need for doing those versions.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 07, 2024, 11:28:28 PMAnother ev!lbay win: finally got hands on a affordable Hasegawa 1:72 F11F Tiger. They come with irrational price tags these days (just like the Cougar kit) but won an auction with just EUR 6,50,-, less than the national postage. Strange, but nice catch - I feel inclined to make a German Marineflieger machine from it, with a Norm '76 scheme, as a supersonic stopgap between the Seahawk and the Starfighter.  :lol:
Supersonic as long as it doesn't have anything hanging on the wings. 
;)

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 09, 2024, 07:01:00 AMI want another ... because ... well ... B-26! :mellow:

;D  ;D  Yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from!

The Rat

Picked a Revell 1/72nd P-47 from a booth at an antique mall, $15Cdn. Was tempted to pick up the old Hawk deHavilland Comet, but after suffering through the ancient Airfix one I'll wait for a better one to come out. It certainly deserves it.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

killnoizer

Just for understanding , you paid 15 canadian dollars for a 1:72  P-47  kit ? 

I am surprised about the exchange rate ,   that is 10€  .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Rick Lowe