My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Incoming from Metro Hobbies in Melbourne;

To join my RAN FAA "Museum Flight".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

killnoizer

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 20, 2024, 07:35:08 AMIncoming from Metro Hobbies in Melbourne;

.... only a mother would Love this baby  :mellow:

I was gifted with a pair of big droptanks for building some new jet engines for the next tank .  :thumbsup:

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 D.H. Sea Vixen Ladders, pair of.

1 x 1/72 Bird Models Heinkel He 274 A-01
1 x 1/72 Bird Models Heinkel He 277 B1

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

OK guys here's the 32nd SU-27 measurements .

Length ...698mm
Wing span..461 mm
Parts count ..350 ..all quite large  ;D

Chris 😁😁😁😁
I'll admit I've got 3 now ..two 48th ones included .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

We expect an Su-27 whiff shortly!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

quote author=kerick link=msg=1036163 date=1710959760]
We expect an Su-27 whiff shortly!
[/quote]
There's plans afoot me ol china for exactly that   ;D
One of the 48th ones is going to get ..well let's say ..modified slightly  ;)  :wacko: 
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Right here's the list of my latest haul .
Ya know of the  massive Su27 and I mentioned the parts for the 32nd F4 Phantom.
Well many parts were found but some parts weren't like all the clear parts..one outta wing ..one exhaust nozzle and one turbine fan and probably others too.
Wonder how much help Tamiya would be. 🤔

OK this list ..35th armour first ..it's a long one .
Afv club CVR T Simitar
Afv club Shot Kal Centurion
Dragon M1A1 Marines Abrams
Dragon BMP2
Dragon BMP2 E Afghanistan
Dragon Scud with Maz truck
Academy M113 Zelda with a Legend Doghouse conversion set.
Italeri USMC LAV 25
Italeri M109 A1/A2 SPG..for me mate Perrin
Italeri M163 Vulcan
Tamiya AAVP7A1 with 2x resin up armour resin sets.
Tamiya T55 rolling chassis and resin turret ..bugger all else tho.
Nimix M992 FAASV ..ammo reloading vehicle based on the M109 chassis ..full resin kit.
Mekreva IV ..full resin with Spade Ace metal tracks ..unknown brand model.
Def designs VT 34 resin conversion with s Dragon lower hull and a spiked wheeled mine roller..smeg all else ..no road wheels.
Commander series models French VAB 6x6 export version..full resin but with a very badly warped chassis..heat won't fix it..it's to thick..very easy to make tho .
Hobbyboss Humvee with a Legend IDF TOW conversion and the frames from the kit which aren't used .

That's that lot .now aircraft in the correct scale..48th  ;D
Hobbyboss Mirage lll C
Academy Mirage lll C
Academy Mig 21 PF
Accurate Miniatures Yak 1 with snow ski's
Italeri EF 2000 Typhoon
Hasegawa P-51D Mustang
Hasegawa F-16 CJ Block 50
Hobbyboss FW-190 D13
Verlinden A6E Intruder update set..on the PE ..no resin parts .
Verlinden NAS flight line equipment..missing all pipes and hoses..parts box is where that's going.
Verlinden He-219 A7 UHU upgrade set.
CMK He-219 UHU exterior set.
CMK He-219 UHU interior set .

Now for something you wouldn't expect from me  :wacko:
Kirin 1/16th (120mm) Turkish standard bearer Vienna 1683
Italian Condottieri 1450 resin Knight on a horse with a jousting poker stick 😋
I cannot find who the hell makes this..it's a very nice kit with beautiful castings.
I tho have plans for this dude...he's going to be corrupted by Chaos from Warhammer..don't know which one of the 4 it will be..Khorne. The blood God..Tzeentch..The changer of ways...Slaanesh ..The dark prince or Nurgle ..Father of plagues..probably not Nurgle..to much work involved 🙄 😆.

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on March 20, 2024, 03:56:38 PMNow for something you wouldn't expect from me  :wacko:
Kirin 1/16th (120mm) Turkish standard bearer Vienna 1683
Italian Condottieri 1450 resin Knight on a horse with a jousting poker stick 😋
I cannot find who the hell makes this..it's a very nice kit with beautiful castings.

I'm impressed, especially with the Turkish standard bearer, all you need is a Polish Winged Hussar to go with him  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 20, 2024, 07:35:08 AMIncoming from Metro Hobbies in Melbourne;

That box is huge. I must admit I was surprised by how large it is when mine arrived. Weighs a tad as well, amazing kit though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 DP Casper 72014 India-Pakistan War 1971

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 21, 2024, 05:32:18 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 21, 2024, 03:42:02 AMAt last...

'dynes. by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

What? Only two? :o

For now.

i've opened one up.  Moulded in darker grey than i've seen Airfix use recently.  Prominent sink marks on the fuselage halves over the alignment pins and sockets mean if built OOB all that lovely rivetty goodness will be lost to the PSR faireys (sic).  Props are on each end of a frame with no protecting sprues outside them and are therefore vulnerable to the box being shaken.  Both are intact on the kit I opened but I've seen similar design on other old airfix moulds (1/144 Vanguard for example  which arrived in my hands with 3 out of 4 props missing blades).
And, as has been reported elsewhere about these repops the rear door hinge parts are missing their pins.  All four appear to have been sheared off.
One scheme is provided - the Fairey prototype.  Shame they didn't take the opportunity to knock up a set for something like BEA or Dan Air (or TAA or Ansett) but then the whole raison d'ĂȘtre of the vintage classics seems to be to just reproduce what was other than upgrade it in any way.
Lets eee what the aftermarket provides.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 21, 2024, 05:32:18 AMWhat? Only two? :o

Rest of his pocket money went on pet treats  ;)

Seriously glad you eventually got them  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on March 22, 2024, 03:25:30 AMbut then the whole raison d'ĂȘtre of the vintage classics seems to be to just reproduce what was other than upgrade it in any way.

That's exactly right might. I think they saw the money some of these old kits were going for and thought why not ????