My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killnoizer

Received this sweet little ship today , it's a kit of the famous PAMIR but would be build as her sistership called Peking , which is placed nearby in Hamburg Harbour !  A great place to visit if your in Germany  :thumbsup:
The Peking is painted in glossy dark green , not black or white , very beautiful ship in fresh condition .

You cannot view this attachment.
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

NARSES2

The thought of that rigging is giving me a headache  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

Thank you, good to know that i am not alone with that thougts ... I build one Mayflower at the age of 10 or so ,  but i have a german licence for real sailing ships  :thumbsup:  so everything is under control i think

Rheged

I'm very interested to see how you get on with this!

Rheged minor and I have joint ownership of  both the Airfix Vasa and Victory large scale kits, and are currently building up our resolve to build either (or both) and fully rig them.

One of the best fully rigged ship models I've ever seen was the  two metre long fully rigged  model of the AF CHAPMAN  in the Beacon  museum in Whitehaven.

What's a Swedish sailing vessel doing in a Cumbrian museum, I hear you enquire.  The answer is simple...........she was bult there, as the SS Dumboyne, in 1888.  I was introduced to the married couple who built this model some years ago.  She built the hull and he rigged it.  It may be coincidence that he was totally bald, but on the other hand he may have torn all of his hair out in despair at  the complexity.

I'm already more or less bald, so if I do try rigging one of our models the hair-tearing is not a practical proposition.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

Quote from: Rheged on March 22, 2024, 10:41:54 AMI'm very interested to see how you get on with this!

Rheged minor and I have joint ownership of  both the Airfix Vasa and Victory large scale kits, and are currently building up our resolve to build either (or both) and fully rig them.

One of the best fully rigged ship models I've ever seen was the  two metre long fully rigged  model of the AF CHAPMAN  in the Beacon  museum in Whitehaven.

I've just looked up the af Chapman and it turns out you can stay on board her when visiting Stockholm. The ship is a youth hostel!
Right now you get to stay in the Craftsman House next door while the ship is being refurbished.

https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/facilities/stf-stockholm-af-chapman-skeppsholmen-hostel/

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 21, 2024, 02:01:21 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on March 20, 2024, 03:56:38 PMNow for something you wouldn't expect from me  :wacko:
Kirin 1/16th (120mm) Turkish standard bearer Vienna 1683
Italian Condottieri 1450 resin Knight on a horse with a jousting poker stick 😋
I cannot find who the hell makes this..it's a very nice kit with beautiful castings.

I'm impressed, especially with the Turkish standard bearer, all you need is a Polish Winged Hussar to go with him  :thumbsup:
Chris this Turkish dude is quite the model ..and it's big ..full resin ..the kit number is 21538 and it does come with a dead guy moulded into the base ..the painting is going to be a fair amount of work I can tell ya 😏 ☺️
This will be a entirely new one for me I can tell ya .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Courtesy of Colin at Freightdog Models:

4 x pairs of 1/72nd twin SRAAM launch tubes  :wub:
2 x pairs of 1/72nd twin Sabre ASMs and launchers  :wub:

For those who don't know, SRAAM was a British 1970s project (originally called Taildog) for a short-range dogfight AAM with thrust-vector steering that was launched from a tube, and Sabre was a mid 1980s project for an air-launched anti-tank missile that was basically a Rapier SAM airframe with a larger diameter warhead section for a shaped charge.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Charlie_c67

Quote from: Weaver on March 22, 2024, 11:41:46 AMCourtesy of Colin at Freightdog Models:

For those who don't know, SRAAM was a British 1970s project (originally called Taildog) for a short-range dogfight AAM with thrust-vector steering that was launched from a tube, and Sabre was a mid 1980s project for an air-launched anti-tank missile that was basically a Rapier SAM airframe with a larger diameter warhead section for a shaped charge.

Colour me interested. Will they be on general sale soon do you know?

1/100 Playfix Trident arrived. Thought it was 1/144 so was a little confused when I inspected the bits. Good to Whif though :)
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

NARSES2

Quote from: killnoizer on March 22, 2024, 08:31:03 AMThank you, good to know that i am not alone with that thougts ... I build one Mayflower at the age of 10 or so ,  but i have a german licence for real sailing ships  :thumbsup:  so everything is under control i think

Ah you know where things go and what they are for:  Will help a lot  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on March 22, 2024, 10:58:41 AMI've just looked up the af Chapman and it turns out you can stay on board her when visiting Stockholm. The ship is a youth hostel!
Right now you get to stay in the Craftsman House next door while the ship is being refurbished.

So is Young Nick booking a trip ?  :angel:  ;)

Weaver

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on March 22, 2024, 06:00:06 PM
Quote from: Weaver on March 22, 2024, 11:41:46 AMCourtesy of Colin at Freightdog Models:

Colour me interested. Will they be on general sale soon do you know?

No idea, sorry. You'd have to ask Colin.

The Sabres were listed on his website as part of a conversion set for a Hawk, but it's out of stock at the moment:
https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product/freightdog-1-72-bac-hawk-t-2-1975-what-if-conversion-set/

The SRAAMs have never been listed as far as I know.

You can send him an e-mail via his website here: https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/contact/

Or you can DM him on this forum, however bear in mind that he doesn't check in here that often so it's a good idea to watch for when he's actually posted something and them DM him again immediately afterwards.

IIRC both are £4 for an "aircraft set", i.e. two twin SRAAM tubes or four Sabres on two twin launch rails, but don't hold me to that.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 23, 2024, 12:51:55 AM
Quote from: Nick on March 22, 2024, 10:58:41 AMI've just looked up the af Chapman and it turns out you can stay on board her when visiting Stockholm. The ship is a youth hostel!

So is Young Nick booking a trip ?  :angel:  ;)

Not likely to this year, but maybe next year  <_<

Nick

Forgot to mention what I got at the London Show today. I did tell Dave and Chris that I wasn't going to buy a kit. Technically I didn't - it's a figure.

The show was mainly for Toy Soldiers and the wargaming trader in the corner had a load of Warhammer type sets. He also had a range of knock off models. Now I don't mean these are stolen but they are skirting the edge of copyright laws.

For example, there used to be a market stall at North Weald Market that sold perfumes - it was known as 'Smells Like'  ;D  by the regulars because every box or bottle looked like well known brands and had a label on it stating 'Smells Like... Calvin Klein' or 'Smells Like... Jean Paul Gaultier'. It was cheap. And possibly toxic  :rolleyes:

Anyway. This model trader had a range that included 28mm figures and vehicles from well known movies and books but legally not them!! Paranormal Exterminators, Stalwart Sidekicks, Mutant Martial Artists, Sentient Supercar, Chronal Corvette...

I have decided to try my hand at a figure that is described as a Cyborg Enforcer. I'm calling him Murphy  ;)
https://crooked-dice.co.uk/product/cyborg-enforcer/

Steel Penguin

Nick,  they do a very wide range of figures " inspired" by TV and Film faves......  :rolleyes:   and one day its going to bite them very hard,  and it will be a hell of a shame , as they do some stuff that is very much there own and will be badly missed,  Ive got a chunk of things like time lift security,  SHIVA, the SLR armed troops and other bits and pieces, lovely to paint and consistent through the ranges
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

killnoizer

Quote from: Nick on March 23, 2024, 01:47:27 PMForgot to mention what I got at the London Show today. I did tell Dave and Chris that I wasn't going to buy a kit. Technically I didn't - it's a figure.

The show was mainly for Toy Soldiers and the wargaming trader in the corner had a load of Warhammer type sets. He also had a range of knock off models. Now I don't mean these are stolen but they are skirting the edge of copyright laws.

For example, there used to be a market stall at North Weald Market that sold perfumes - it was known as 'Smells Like'  ;D  by the regulars because every box or bottle looked like well known brands and had a label on it stating 'Smells Like... Calvin Klein' or 'Smells Like... Jean Paul Gaultier'. It was cheap. And possibly toxic  :rolleyes:

Anyway. This model trader had a range that included 28mm figures and vehicles from well known movies and books but legally not them!! Paranormal Exterminators, Stalwart Sidekicks, Mutant Martial Artists, Sentient Supercar, Chronal Corvette...

I have decided to try my hand at a figure that is described as a Cyborg Enforcer. I'm calling him Murphy  ;)
https://crooked-dice.co.uk/product/cyborg-enforcer/

The style and look of all that figures is so bad old school that I must stop watching the site , nice ideas but that aesthetic is so ugly to me , it bends my brain ...