My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2024, 04:30:42 AMARII repopped the LS moulds.  The result is the most impressively flashy kit in my stash.

Uh!? But it apparently also comes with both noses, too, didn't know that.  :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2024, 04:30:42 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 06, 2024, 03:35:19 AMBought an Az Models 1:72 Yokosuka D4Y2 Suisei via Ev!lbay for a rather simple livery whif. There's also the Fujimi kit(s), but the Az offering has the benefit that any D4Y you buy comes with both the inline and radial engine, so that the donor bank grows happily.  <_<

ARII repopped the LS moulds.  The result is the most impressively flashy kit in my stash.
Yokosuka D4Y2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Looks more like a vacform, having to carve the pieces out of sheet...  :-\

The Wooksta!

I passed a Novo 72nd Lancaster to a mate and the flash on that was so bad it looked like a vacform with embedded sprues.

All the ARII Japanese stuff was undescale, 75th I think.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Beermonster58

Over the last few weeks ;
Another two Airfix Skyvans
Zvezda 1/144 IL-76 &  TU-134 "Crusty"
Two x Trumpeter 1/48 Shenyang J-8s  (Great what if potential especially if ignoring the types  Chinese ancestry ;)  ;D )
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 07, 2024, 02:20:16 AMI passed a Novo 72nd Lancaster to a mate and the flash on that was so bad it looked like a vacform with embedded sprues.

All the ARII Japanese stuff was undescale, 75th I think.

Could well be.  They feel small but I don't have another kit for comparison.  Good whiff fodder though as they tend to be dirt cheap.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

The D4Y2 kit was originally released in 1961 and
it is 1/75th scale. Which isn't uncommon for the
Japanese kits of the period because they used 
metric scales. Not actually "underscale" just to
a different scale, they do go well with HO/OO
(1/76th) trains, figures and armour.
;)

The Wooksta!

When the box says 72nd scale and the kit inside is 75th, it is underscale for what it is claimed to be. 

In other news, I've broken my enforced abstinence and snaffled a Dragon Ta 152C on eBay for less than a fiver.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Howard of Effingham

from the hinckley show yesterday.....

all from a under the table sale of a fashion.... :wacko:

1 off Airfix Fw190 A8/F8
1 off Airfix Ta154
1 off USAirfix O2 for spares

plus one decal sheet i'd been after for several years
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

From Ebay:

Special Hobby 1/72nd Gloster Meteor T Mk.7.5
Special Hobby 1/72nd Gloster Meteor T Mk.7 mask set
Eduard Lancaster B Mk.III Dambuster mask set

I've lusted after the Gloster demonstrator markings in this kit for a while, but I couldn't justify buying one just for them. However I noticed the other day that it comes with an alternate PR nose, which I missed getting in the Airfix Club kit, so I took the plunge.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

The Airfix Club FR meteors are on eBay, that's where I got mine from. It's coming out as an FR later this year anyhoo.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

jcf

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 07, 2024, 01:42:15 PMWhen the box says 72nd scale and the kit inside is 75th, it is underscale for what it is claimed to be.

In other news, I've broken my enforced abstinence and snaffled a Dragon Ta 152C on eBay for less than a fiver.
Take it up with the marketing people.
;D

DogfighterZen

Delivered today, Special Hobby 1/72 Mirage F-1EQ/ED and a Black Dog 1/72 B-26K nose, guns and canopy resin set for the Italeri kit.

You cannot view this attachment.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 08, 2024, 03:40:32 PMDelivered today, Special Hobby 1/72 Mirage F-1EQ/ED and a Black Dog 1/72 B-26K nose, guns and canopy resin set for the Italeri kit.

You cannot view this attachment.

That'll make for an interesting combination. ;D  :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

I managed to snaffle from EBay a cheap Mariner kit:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2024, 02:24:56 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 08, 2024, 03:40:32 PMDelivered today, Special Hobby 1/72 Mirage F-1EQ/ED and a Black Dog 1/72 B-26K nose, guns and canopy resin set for the Italeri kit.

That'll make for an interesting combination. ;D  :angel:

Never thought of that... makes me think of the names people would give it with such a front end... or it could become a gun turret on the top of the fuselage... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"