My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on April 09, 2024, 04:05:24 AMI managed to snaffle from EBay a cheap Mariner kit:

I'm fighting temptation with those.  I have a Hasegawa Marlin already (will be amphibian with SAC Catalina UC) which one would go nicely with.

My well travelled parcel from BNA arrived.
Six bottles of Vallejo paint (the ones in their USAF Colors Vietnam War Scheme SEA set minus the Black and the White, and the box).
A set of aftermarket transfers for VNAF Skyraiders.
A second 1/48 Tamiya German bike & sidecar kit.  My parcel tracking app tells me the resin sidecar riding hog and his tovarisch have departed Poland.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I've had a Rareplanes vacform Mariner in The Loft for DECADES now, and as usual for them it's superbly moulded, but it's so large it'd take a heck of a lot of space to sand down the parts before assembly.

The same is true of the 1/72 Combat Models C-141B vacform, that's even LARGER!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: rickshaw on April 09, 2024, 04:05:24 AMI managed to snaffle from EBay a cheap Mariner kit:

Looking at sprue shots the kit includes blanking
plates for the main undercarriage bays, which
enables the construction of a PBM-5 flying boat
version. It appears that when Minicraft released
their PBM-5 version of the kit all they added was
a sprue for the beaching gear.

Beermonster58

Quote from: jcf on April 09, 2024, 10:59:31 AM

Looking at sprue shots the kit includes blanking
plates for the main undercarriage bays, which
enables the construction of a PBM-5 flying boat
version. It appears that when Minicraft released
their PBM-5 version of the kit all they added was
a sprue for the beaching gear.
Difficult to resist the Mariner at the current price.My partner (lovely girl! :thumbsup: ) has just presented me with the Roden 1/144 NB-36 Crusader and, RC-135 "Rivet Joint" as a birthday present. Not a 1/144 fan but, I'm also practical!! ;)  ;D . I think the aforementioned kits are a bit overpriced for 1/144 so, I'm doubly happy!
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Wardukw

In the mail today was 2 very nice and very large kit sets.
A 1/35th scale Amusing Hobby FV 215B  (183) Conqueror based heavy tank/ tank destroyer and a 35th scale Amusing Hobby FV 217 Badger tank destroyer..another Conqueror based monster .
The wicked thing about the 217 kit is it also has pretty much a complete turret as well yet this kit is turretless..this is a monster Stug assault gun  :o
Am I complaining?? Not on your Nelly  ;D  :wub:
The best thing is both of these are 100% wiffs and can be built OTB  without mods..like that's not going to happen  :wacko:  :wacko:
Oh and the best thing of all ..these monsters where $53 nz each..which means together they were still a heap cheaper than just one here. 😄

Right after a copy and paste cockup this now makes sense 🤔 😀
Thanks to Womby for picking up on that 😆 🤣
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Two purchases from eBay arrived today

1 x 1/72 S&M Models SM K72-39 British Canberra T.4

1 x 1/600 Airfix 02206 HMS Leander.

EDIT: Just arrived at 19:30 today from the BIG yellow H

1 x Flory Models FMW001 Black weathering wash
1 x Flory Models FMW002 Dark Dirt weathering wash
1 x Flory Models FMW003 Light weathering wash
1 x Flory Models FMW008 Grime wash
1 x Albion Alloys PMNST04 0.4 x 0.2 x 305mm Micro Nickle Silver Tube
1 x Albion Alloys PMNST06 0.6 x 0.4 x 305mm Micro Nickle Silver Tube
1 x Albion Alloys PMNST07 0.7 x 0.5 x 305mm Micro Nickle Silver Tube

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Airfix 1/72nd P-40B. Lovely little kit, already built one RW, but this one I had plans for. Then realised that the backstory would be made more difficult due to timelines, so now I'm on the hunt for a P-36/H-75, in the same scale. Pretty thin on the ground by the look of it.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Quote from: The Rat on April 10, 2024, 03:14:44 PMAirfix 1/72nd P-40B. Lovely little kit, already built one RW, but this one I had plans for. Then realised that the backstory would be made more difficult due to timelines, so now I'm on the hunt for a P-36/H-75, in the same scale. Pretty thin on the ground by the look of it.
Just follow Kits second rule Ratty and ya all good matey 👍 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on April 10, 2024, 03:14:44 PMAirfix 1/72nd P-40B. Lovely little kit, already built one RW, but this one I had plans for. Then realised that the backstory would be made more difficult due to timelines, so now I'm on the hunt for a P-36/H-75, in the same scale. Pretty thin on the ground by the look of it.

AZ/KP are the people to to look for Ratty. There's some flash, but on the whole it builds quite well. Loads of boxings' as well and their transfers are good  :thumbsup: MPM do/did one as well, but probably harder to find.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2024, 01:39:19 AMAZ/KP are the people to to look for Ratty. There's some flash, but on the whole it builds quite well. Loads of boxings' as well and their transfers are good  :thumbsup: MPM do/did one as well, but probably harder to find.

Quite right, looking on line found a KP one for $35 at Aviation World, so now I have to confirm by phone that they have it on the shelf, then gird my loins for the drive across Toronto and back. I hate doing that.  :angry:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Received a couple of items today.

From Freightdog

1 x 1/72 Tandem Hawker Hunter FAA Trainer

From eModels via eBay

A pack of 10000-grade sanding sticks.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Snaffled another Dragon Ta 152C at copper more than I paid for the last one.  I am now replete with Ta 152s,  the C at least...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 11, 2024, 04:02:47 PMSnaffled another Dragon Ta 152C at copper more than I paid for the last one.  I am now replete with Ta 152s,  the C at least...

Well you say that now.  But... ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Yes, I would like a few more Aoshima ones but they are pricey, especially the reboxed Kora ones with extra resin, and very short on the ground.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Arrived this afternoon from the Airfix Club  :thumbsup:

Airfix 1/72 B-24 Liberator. Looks very nice in the box, but I'll be waiting for a masking set to come out for the glazing. I've also discovered I have a transfer sheet in the stash with a couple of nice SEAC and NEIAF examples on it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.